Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

German helmet

Article about: Hey. I got this helmet from a buddy of mine and I'm not entirely sure what kind it is or even if it's real. Here are some pictures of it. Let me know if you know what it is, what it was used

Default German helmet

Hey. I got this helmet from a buddy of mine and I'm not entirely sure what kind it is or even if it's real. Here are some pictures of it. Let me know if you know what it is, what it was used for or even what it might be worth.

German helmet

German helmet

German helmet

German helmet

German helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: German helmet

Original Luftschutz two-piece "gladiator" helmet shell, missing most of the liner. Worth about $100 in this condition.

Pretty much what cgp1066 said. Fairly common helmet and even the best conditioned ones only go for few hundred, unless it's a rarer one piece, etc.

Here are some photos of them in wear, they are civilian helmets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German helmet   German helmet  

German helmet  

Look at this one perfect, to sell in France
    Eisernen kreuz -->casque luftschutz gladiateur

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    Original Luftschutz two-piece "gladiator" helmet shell, missing most of the liner. Worth about $100 in this condition.
    Looks like a 3-piece shell to me from the second picture, in which I think I see a welded seam. In any case, it is 100% right, but it is a very common helmet with some condition issues. This style helmet is one of the so called light weight civil helmets. These were used primarily by the Luftschutz, and sometimes factory guards. They were not intended to be worn in combat, although there is ample photographic evidence that Volkssturm personnel used these helmets in combat at the very end of the War when shortages of combat equipment became an issue. The Luftschutz were, essentially, home guard air raid wardens, who were issued (or had to purchase) various styles of light weight helmets, the 3 piece gladiator style shell being one of the most common types. Hope this helps. Jim G.

Jim is correct it is a 3 piece.
    2 piece gladiator helmets are not that easy to find.
    Great info Jim
    Chris

nice orignal one, those period photos are great!

?

Yup, three piece.
    Regards,
    John

"Is it real and what's it worth?"

I really hate these threads...