Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German helmet.

Article about: Hello. im looking for a helmet for my collection, but dont know much about them. I have found one that the seller list as a, barnfind in the outline of Stalingrad. But to me it looks more li

Default German helmet.

Hello.

im looking for a helmet for my collection, but dont know much about them. I have found one that the seller list as a, barnfind in the outline of Stalingrad. But to me it looks more like a digfind. So very bad condition. (Only the sheel)

But still like it, was thinking of clearcoat it, if a buy it. Dont know if its possible to get any info on this one? but i should be from the period?

And price.. around 60 US... it would be my first helmet, no sorry, rostyshellpiece

German helmet.German helmet.German helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet.
    P
    Many

I'd take the 'Stalingrad' story with a pinch of salt - could have been found anywhere.
    It does look like it has been sitting upside down though, hence the deterioration of the crown of the helmet whereas the lower rim is in comparatively good condition. If it sat in a dilapidated barn for 75 years it would look pretty rough, and moist air produces rust pretty quickly.
    $60 is at least not crazy expensive.
    Nick

You can do much better IMO. I started collecting 20 years ago then had a long break only returning to the hobby last year. In that space of time I haven't really noticed any marked decrease in helmet availability so there are still plenty out there. Enjoy learning about helmets from the experienced guys in this group and admiring some of the great ones posted here too and before you know it a good one will turn up sooner rather than later.

I'd look for a more decent example ,depending on how such shells are treated they may fall apart , turn to dust on your shelf.
    Unless it can be absolutely proven a story does not add value to a helmet.
    Often used to goad people into buying a helmet.