Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

german helmet advice needed

Article about: hi i recently purchased this helmet pretty postive its post war but the markings inside are confusing me as it says 1940 on the back and q42 on the right please see pictures any help is very

Default german helmet advice needed

hi
    i recently purchased this helmet pretty postive its post war but the markings inside are confusing me as it says 1940 on the back and q64 on the right please see pictures any help is very welcome lol
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german helmet advice needed   german helmet advice needed  

german helmet advice needed   german helmet advice needed  

german helmet advice needed   german helmet advice needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german helmet advice needed
    P
    Many

Most certainly not a WW2 period helmet, no such thing as a Quist 84! I think this may well be a Chinese fake. Leon.

Pics are rather poor - strange that it appears in two
    different colours - I see grey as well as green.
    It does read as 'Q64".........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Pics are rather poor - strange that it appears in two
    different colours - I see grey as well as green.
    It does read as 'Q64".........
    Oop's I should have blown it up! It does read 64. Sorry. Leon.

MAP
    ?

LoL....quite ironic...1940!

The 1940 is the lot #. Not the date.

It looks like an original Q M35 "shell" and this lot # did exist. The helmet however should be a double decal. The one on the GHW database is even an SS DD.

That said, can't tell much from these pictures but to me it's been painted and put together IMHO.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

sorry about the pictures gents but i really am thankful for any help i purchased it from a military fair for £75 couple weeks ago as a repo is it a repo or original ?

Hi, the shell is original, the paint and chinstrap look post war, the liner might be original but you need to post clearer pics. As said, a bit of a put together helmet but £75 is not a bad price .

fantastic i am chuffed with that just need to find out what regiment it was sent to now

MAP
    ?

Quote by Halo1981 View Post
    fantastic i am chuffed with that just need to find out what regiment it was sent to now
    Unless there was a name, unit or feldpost number written inside, you will never know. Given that this is a completely post war re-worked helmet, it doesn't really matter anyway.

Lot # information is a guide that can be helpful, it does not prove which branch of the military that helmet was in it's original form (Heer, Luft, SS or KM).

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I think you did pretty well for the price you paid.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast