Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

German helmet any help please!!

Article about: Hello Gents Here I am posting this helmet for a friend of mine who would like to find out more info on it. What he has to say about it is the helmet came from Crete in the 1960s orginal pigs

?

Default German helmet any help please!!

Hello Gents Here I am posting this helmet for a friend of mine who would like to find out more info on it. What he has to say about it is the helmet came from Crete in the 1960s orginal pigskin liner, he says the liner has been out of the helmet & the helmet it self has been cleaned. Also does anybody have any info on the name in the lid?. He also knows the chinstrap has been repaired over the years.I would like to thank anybody on his & mine behalf for your time & effort.Cheers Terry. German helmet any help please!!German helmet any help please!!German helmet any help please!!German helmet any help please!!German helmet any help please!!German helmet any help please!!German helmet any help please!!German helmet any help please!!German helmet any help please!!German helmet any help please!!German helmet any help please!!German helmet any help please!!German helmet any help please!!German helmet any help please!!German helmet any help please!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet any help please!!
    P
    Many

sorry terry i cant help and add anything you dont already know ,it certainly looks to have been repainted exterior wise ,i like the initials on the inner rim ,im also intriqued by the hbt band i wonder if it was added for any particular reason ,ill keep an eye on this thread with interest if you dont mind ,thanks james

?

James thanks for the input...I will pass over info on to my friend..Cheers Terry.

it looks a good honest helmet.

Looks like the letters before Kollberg are the abbreviation for unteroffizier!....

The cloth band is American and rather modern.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Looks put together with a repaint on the outer shell.

?

Thanks for the info guys...Very nice of you.. Cheers Terry.