Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

German Helmet Dealer, Helmets of War.com

Article about: by davejb Are you able to tell what the white marks are on the interior paint, it looks like primer to me as its under the top paint I was wondering the same thing. I thought the marks were

Default Re: German Helmet Dealer, Helmets of War.com

Quote by davejb View Post
    Are you able to tell what the white marks are on the interior paint, it looks like primer to me as its under the top paint
    I was wondering the same thing. I thought the marks were where the helmet rubbed up against something else, perhaps a shelf/wall as helmetone said.

Corey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Helmet Dealer, Helmets of War.com
    P
    Many

?

Its quite possible, but i was looking at the edges of the darker paint and to me it looks like its under but it might be the angle, a real close up would help but we're not going to get that now

I believe this guy is out of Quebec, Canada ?

EDIT: Oops - I see he's in the States. At least he seems
    up front about restored helmets, and has put
    reasonable prices on them.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Looks to be a fine reissue overpaint helmet. I'm trying to remember who this dealer is, got a name? I think he's on GHW but I could be mistaken. I'm pretty tired from a long 14 hour day today.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Looks to be a fine reissue overpaint helmet. I'm trying to remember who this dealer is, got a name? I think he's on GHW but I could be mistaken. I'm pretty tired from a long 14 hour day today.
    Larry Something

His prices actually seem pretty reasonable. I'd be interested to hear if he is a longtime dealer with established credentials or not.

I have a helmet with almost the same repaint.

The helmets I see there look good, including this one, but some of the dealer's descriptions crack me up. Did you see the small luftwaffe helmet he had for sale that he said might have belonged to the Pope?

"Some Catholic fanatics will pay thousands for toast in the image of the Virgin Mary so why not a few thousand for an artifact of WW2 and the Pope’s very own Nazi issued helmet?"

?

Serious? Can't be a GHW member then...unless its a tongue in cheek description.

"(on pic of young flak helper)...................This young boy as part of his forced service to the Third Reich maybe have been serving with a Luftwaffe Youth Flak division and be the one and only Josef Ratzinger our beloved Pope himself. As I said in the title this helmet is in IMMACULATE condition and the Pope was 15 at the time serving with the Luftwaffe and would have worn a small size helmet so the possibilities are endless here. Some Catholic fanatics will pay thousands for toast in the image of the Virgin Mary so why not a few thousand for an artifact of WW2 and the Pope’s very own Nazi issued helmet?
    $1095.00 + 3 Hail Mary’s"

It's a fairly mint M40 Luft.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast