Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

German Helmet Dealer, Helmets of War.com

Article about: by davejb Are you able to tell what the white marks are on the interior paint, it looks like primer to me as its under the top paint I was wondering the same thing. I thought the marks were

Default Re: German Helmet Dealer, Helmets of War.com

Hmmmm.....$1095 you say....? Does he take PAPAL + 4%??
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hmmmm.....$1095 you say....? Does he take PAPAL + 4%??
    That's terrible Ned.

I'm almost ashamed to admit to laughing.

I doubt he's a GHW member. His auction says don't bid if you're an online helmet forum member.

Quote by Michael L View Post
    I doubt he's a GHW member. His auction says don't bid if you're an online helmet forum member.
    Where? I can't find that.

Quote by Michael L View Post
    Where did you see that?
    chris

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Where? I can't find that.
    It's on the eBay listing for this helmet here: ORIGINAL WW2 GERMAN M42 EF66 DARK GREEN BRUSHED CAMO HELMET W/T LINER | eBay

Here is what is written on the listing:

"If you are a member of an online helmet discussion forum please refrain from bidding on this auction as I have recently found that these chat rooms are full of extremely pessimistic people who almost always have the opinion that any camo being sold on eBay is not the real deal. These members are all anonymous and so you never even know who is giving their opinion whether or not it is a 16 yr old boy in his parent's basement pretending to be an expert or a seasoned professional. These forums are also chalked full of online helmet dealers who themselves have websites whereby they make their living selling at high retail prices and so anyone selling on eBay at a much lower price is a real and direct threat to their businesses. These dealers are greedy and want to control the german helmet market by creating a climate of fear by always insisting that every camo helmet being sold on eBay must be a fake or post war reproduction and that real original helmets can only be found on one of their websites. This is of course complete nonsense as their are variety of ways to find original german helmets as I myself am able to do on a monthly basis such as through online estate sales, euro based eBay sites, online searches of newspaper ads, local gun shows etc. Picking helmets and other german collectibles is just a hobby of mine and has nothing to do with my main business which is in home renovations. If I find a helmet for $300 and sell it here on eBay for $450 that is a great profit margin in my eyes and I'm happy with that even if the helmet is worth more and a dealer would have held out for nothing less than $750. I've been selling on eBay under multiple usernames since 1999 and feel I have a good understanding of this market place which is based on buyers expecting big savings and great deals otherwise they would just buy their items in a physical store. This is why I only ever care about what I paid for a helmet and not what some dealer would ask."

PS: He does have a few good points, although in some areas they come across a bit snarky.

Regards,
    Corey

His stuff looks OK.
    Sell the stuff,do not give me your life story.
    You do not like forums that is your problem I do not want to hear about it.
    chris

Sounds like more of a Bi**h session. I agree with Chris. Sell helmets and spare us the speech.

?

What a great guy , selling helmets at low prices just to help out the collecting community of which he is so scathing !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast