Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

German Helmet Dealer, Helmets of War.com

Article about: by davejb Are you able to tell what the white marks are on the interior paint, it looks like primer to me as its under the top paint I was wondering the same thing. I thought the marks were

Default Re: German Helmet Dealer, Helmets of War.com

He will sell you the helmet, but not if you vet the authenticity of it first. Sounds like he might have a history with forums. I'm not sure how I would feel about buying from him after reading that.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Helmet Dealer, Helmets of War.com
    P
    Many

I would rather pay extra from a solid seller and know its real, then get a bargain from someone and wonder if its real. Helmetone I love your avatar!!!!!!!!

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    I would rather pay extra from a solid seller and know its real, then get a bargain from someone and wonder if its real. Helmetone I love your avatar!!!!!!!!
    Thanks! But I'm not loving them right now. Their heavy hitters need to wake up and start sending some out of the park.

?

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    "If you are a member of an online helmet discussion forum please refrain from bidding on this auction as I have recently found that these chat rooms are full of extremely pessimistic people who almost always have the opinion that any camo being sold on eBay is not the real deal. These members are all anonymous and so you never even know who is giving their opinion whether or not it is a 16 yr old boy in his parent's basement pretending to be an expert or a seasoned professional.
    Funny how he seems to ignore the free advertising he gets by online forum members discussing his wares. I bet 90% of the people reading this thread has looked at his site and if he gets two or three sales he's done alright for nothing.

It's also worth noting that the online forum community has done more in the last ten years to educate and inform collectors in a way that has never been done before and if it wasn't for the online collecting community, he wouldn't have so much of a business. Any serious collector is a member of at least one forum and I'm sure that these forums have saved collectors hundreds of thousands of £/$/€.

If that's his attitude to forums then I would politely stick two fingers up to him and tell him to jog on. This attitude always brings out the cynic in me as I think he might have something to hide, perhaps a fake or two to sell that he doesn't want anyone to be discussing.........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks! But I'm not loving them right now. Their heavy hitters need to wake up and start sending some out of the park
    They have been asleep this whole series, which is something you cannot do against the yankees, I hope a great season doesnt go to waste here

Funny how ruptured duck doesnt complain about forum members, he probably welcomes thoughts and opinions, and his stuff is real, that helps also lol

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    They have been asleep this whole series, which is something you cannot do against the yankees, I hope a great season doesnt go to waste here

Funny how ruptured duck doesnt complain about forum members, he probably welcomes thoughts and opinions, and his stuff is real, that helps also lol
    This isn't the same orioles team I watched all season. They just look like they don't give a crap. And zero emotion from the manager. If I was him I'd be throwing things in that dugout. Unbelievable.

As for the helmet dealer. If you're secure in what you're selling, you won't mind where it is discussed. I agree with Adrian. It does give the impression he is trying to sneak one by and scare the new collector into not believing anyone but him.

Adrian, you hit the nail right on the head!

?

Dealers like that can kiss my a**. Nobody "needs" to buy a helmet and so I'll take my business elsewhere.

I wonder why he's traded on ebay under several usernames over the years? I've had the same ebay name since day one!
    Last edited by Glenn66; 10-17-2012 at 01:45 PM.

I wonder why he's traded on ebay under several usernames over the years? I've had the name ebay name since day one!
    Me too, That struck me as odd also.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast