Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

German helmet given to me by a friend

Article about: Hi All I am a newcomer to the forum which I have found fascinating. My main interest is ww2 Britiish Airborne medal groups but I do also collect other items outside of my main collection. So

?

Default Re: German helmet given to me by a friend

if turns out to a legit wire camo, you basically found several thousand pounds.

congrats!!

all the best,
    Stefan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Just curious Frank, how did you tell from the photos that it was in the 3,000 lot number range?

?

It does read as 3107 on the rear skirt Mo,the numbers were too far spread for it to be in the hundreds

Ah, I see. I didn't realize that I could enlarge the O.P.'s photos. I thought he could just tell by shell characteristics. I would have then called him the Stahlhelm God. lol

?

As said above.. If this is the real deal, then you have struck a gold mine! At least $3,400! I hope it's real. for your sake.
    ~Dean

Thanks for the additional pictures , the rivets don't appear as scary flat as I originally thought them to be.
    So that leaves us with the question period camo and wire or not... I confess that based on the pictures it can go either way. (for me)
    I suggest you take some more pictures in daylight (no flash) and post it over on the GHW forum for more opinions.

Thank you all for your input. I didn't realise that helmets were so complicated or for that matter so expensive. Up until this forum if someone had offered me 250 for the helmet I'd have been very happy. I probably wouldn't have sold it as I got it for nothing from a friend so it wouldn't be the right thing to do.
    I will try and take some more photos and post them on the forum mentioned and see what they say. Of course if it is the real deal and worth the sums members are suggesting I think I better tell my friend so he can decide what to do.
    From looking at other threads I can say that the helmet does seem to have been together for a long time and doesn't appeared to have been played around with. Certainly the wire has dust under it which must indicate it has been like that for some time.Who knows?

Cheers

?

Glad that the advices youve been given have helped but in the same vein have given you something of a mild headache as well, now the fun starts lol

I like these chicken wire camo helmets a friend has one these are hard to come by . The leather soap was a common thing lots of the vets did this as they thought it would make it supple but turns it brown . great pick up .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12