Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German helmet liner size ink stamps

Article about: Hello everyone. I collect Japanese militaria but I've always had an interest in german headgear. I have access to a beautiful no decal M-42 helmet with original gray paint and a very good li

JCB
    ?

Default German helmet liner size ink stamps

Hello everyone. I collect Japanese militaria but I've always had an interest in german headgear. I have access to a beautiful no decal M-42 helmet with original gray paint and a very good liner. The german helmets I've owned back in the 1980's had an ink stamp metric number inside a round circle. The mark was either black or a very dark purple. The helmet liner in question is a true combat liner in appearance but has a metric number (56) is without the circle around it. The number is slightly larger than the more common number and circle marking. I am not an expert on german headgear but the question is this: Should original German wartime M-42 helmet liners have the ink stamp metric number in a circle? Did the Germans mark wartime combat liners in different ways? I don't have a picture of the helmet. Just thought I would ask this simple question. thanks. Jim

Ive just posted some "Borrowed" liner pictures from the internet. These are different ink marking styles on german helmet m-31 liners. the first two are a bit larger, a number without the circle. The last pic is the kind of marking I am most familiar (And comfortable) with. None of these pictures are of the actual helmet I am considering buying.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German helmet liner size ink stamps  
    Attached Images Attached Images German helmet liner size ink stamps  German helmet liner size ink stamps 
    Last edited by JCB; 03-18-2010 at 10:57 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet liner size ink stamps
    P
    Many

Default Re: German helmet liner size ink stamps

Hi Jim, no hard and fast rule on this issue: either ink stamp design can be good.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: German helmet liner size ink stamps

Every linerband maker has a different ink stamp.