Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Helmet M35 WWII Camo-WIRE from ITALY -ORIGINAL

Article about: I found this one ebay. it looks pretty good to me but you guy's are the pro's German Helmet M35 WWII Camo-WIRE from ITALY -ORIGINAL- - eBay (item 290397650398 end time Feb-10-10 10:53:17 PST

Default German Helmet M35 WWII Camo-WIRE from ITALY -ORIGINAL

I found this one ebay. it looks pretty good to me but you guy's are the pro's

German Helmet M35 WWII Camo-WIRE from ITALY -ORIGINAL- - eBay (item 290397650398 end time Feb-10-10 10:53:17 PST)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Helmet M35 WWII Camo-WIRE from ITALY -ORIGINAL
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Helmet M35 WWII Camo-WIRE from ITALY -ORIGINAL

I think this one is actually good. I expect the bidding to go through the roof

Just a note. Please always save a couple of photos to add to the thread. The problem is, E Bay links die and in the future, without pics, this thread will be useless.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Helmet M35 WWII Camo-WIRE from ITALY -ORIGINAL   German Helmet M35 WWII Camo-WIRE from ITALY -ORIGINAL  

ADRIAN its a beuty.Its a pity there wasnt more of the army decal, and that the original chinstrap wa s there.at the moment sitting at 710$ ,i think far to much isnt that about 600uk£s.personally i still would like it carefully examined for autheticty if i was paying that much.saying all that gut feeling its a genuine one.I would say as it sits its worth 350uk £s.

Hi Las Vegas, it is a Luftwaffe, take another look

The price is still really low.......

Cheers, Ade.

OH I DIDNT REALISE BUT THERE IS SO LITTLE OF THE DECAL LEFT.A FEW MINUTES AGO I SEEN IT WAS SITTING AT 444UK £S.I guess its the basket wire people are getting exited about.They are very brave bidding so much money not having studied the helmet in the metal.i still though think its genuine,but with the condition of the metal would it not be described as a semi relic?

?

I'am a bit suspicious concerning the chickenwire. The helmet iteslf has a rough rust trough the paint, but the wire is just surface rusted. That helmet is not for me.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I too have a many concerns over this helmet. The main one is the wire appears to be caked with dirt underneath, a ploy at fooling age to it. There is a natural relationship between rust and metal, that seems to be absent from this example
    The liner has definitely been messed with. I'm pretty sure that if it was real, he would have had a private offer that he couldn't refuse

Not one for me

ITS INTERESTING TWO OF YOU GUYS ARE CAUTIOUS AND IN FACT THINK ITS BEEN FAKLED TO AN EXSTENT.I WOULD HAVE BEEN FOOLED ,BUTas i said in my other reply it would need careful study before parting with big money.If as some think its not totally genuine i pity the poor collector whose bank acount is about to be raided1

AT THE MOMENT THE HELMET IS SITTING AT NEARLY 600UK£S.TAKE THE NET OFF AND YOU HAVE WHAT I WOULD CALL A SEMI RELIC helmet with remains of decals ,and only 5% of luft decal left,and no chinstrap.as a relic collector i like the condition.I would say the helmet is worth 250£s now at most.ADD THE HALF BASKET WHICH SOME GUYS ARENT SURE IS GENUINE,and then the price shoots up .As it is doing ,but is it genuine or has some guy recently got 50pence worth of wire, and simply aged it/thats the dilemas ,but their are guys out there who are going to throw their money at it.I asume they are not members of this or a similar forum ,and are not taking advantage of many years of exsperience when the guys give their opinion good or negative.unfortunately for the buyer this is possibly short sighted!

I don't like the way the wire is wrapped around and looks too fresh.I also agree that the liner does not look right and has no age staining in the leather.I wouild not give them big money for that

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast