Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German helmet from Normandy

Article about: by rottenfuhrer-nl the paint looks like brush stamps with camo coulors ,nice lookin one! Brush stamps what is that? Thank you

Default German helmet from Normandy

Does this look like a camo helmet ,I am not certain.It is the shell only.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German helmet from Normandy   German helmet from Normandy  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet from Normandy
    P
    Many

Default Re: German helmet from Normandy

Very intriguing Chris. When I first saw it, I immediately thought it was a camo, but then when I magnified it, it appears that the helmet has had three different colors on it. If you look close, it appears the chipped off paint is giving it that camo look. Really cool relic helmet though. I'm interested in seeing some more opinions.

Jay

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Very intriguing Chris. When I first saw it, I immediately thought it was a camo, but then when I magnified it, it appears that the helmet has had three different colors on it. If you look close, it appears the chipped off paint is giving it that camo look. Really cool relic helmet though. I'm interested in seeing some more opinions.

Jay

Here more pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German helmet from Normandy   German helmet from Normandy  

German helmet from Normandy   German helmet from Normandy  

German helmet from Normandy   German helmet from Normandy  

Well in my non-professional opinion, I think you have a camo helmet. The rust is wide spread and deep in some areas with three colors of paint across that rust. I like it alot! Did you pick this up in France when you where photographing for your book?

Take care,
    Jay

Well in my non-professional opinion, I think you have a camo helmet. The rust is wide spread and deep in some areas with three colors of paint across that rust. I like it alot! Did you pick this up in France when you where photographing for your book?

Take care,
    Jay
    No I pick it up about 20 years ago From a Farmer in Normandy.You can still find good deals in France but you have to talk to the locals ,because the militaria stores are asking for too much money better prices in the states.I have a guy in France I am trying to get a M35 with decal .

So you are going right to the sources then, that's great. You must be able to speak some French. I hope you close the deal on that M35 and show us pictures of it here soon. I wanted to add that you are a darn good photographer Chris. Keep up the good work!

Take care,
    Jay

So you are going right to the sources then, that's great. You must be able to speak some French. I hope you close the deal on that M35 and show us pictures of it here soon. I wanted to add that you are a darn good photographer Chris. Keep up the good work!

Take care,
    Jay
    Normandy was my home for 11 years.No I have not close the deal on the M35 .I has been working on it for 2 years now.The guy collect ww1 stuff ,the problem is not the money he likes helmets.

The holes in the top are interesting....
    Is this possibly a grave marker helmet ?
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    The holes in the top are interesting....
    Is this possibly a grave marker helmet ?
    I think they are just rust holes .The grave marker helmet were just put on the crosses not nailed I am not sure of that .Also they put them on the ground in the front of the grave.

the paint looks like brush stamps with camo coulors ,nice lookin one!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast