Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

german helmet real?

Article about: Hi yet again i come to ask you guys to bail me out been offered this shell but it looks good im very unsure of the decal as i normally see them black surround and the paint looks too good wo

Default german helmet real?

Hi yet again i come to ask you guys to bail me out been offered this shell but it looks good im very unsure of the decal as i normally see them black surround and the paint looks too good would you say i was right to be suspect?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german helmet real?   german helmet real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german helmet real?
    P
    Many

Default Re: german helmet real?

definately dodgy chinstrap fitted and no liner just the band 2nd thoughts paint does look ok but still unsure of decal

Fake, looks like a new chinstrap too

Hi
    When you say fake!! How can you see that, what makes it fake, I'm talking about the shell not chinstrap

Thanks
    Thomas

i like the shell but it looks like the decal may have been scrubbed,,,

Hi thomas
    I can tell that through a number of years handling originals. The helmet has a fake paint job applied to make it look something it isn't, and the decal is not even close. It has been my business to get things right.

I am not going to explain exactly why it is fake, for that you need to handle original examples

If i am correct the decal looks to be aged a bit too much should there be black around the decal?

also the shell looks like a rusty one under the paint job? i think john will know best not me but this is what i think i can see

It's a complete put together, and as already been mentioned, the decal has been scrubbed to give it "age"

wouldn't fool many

The decal has way too much wear and tear and fading relative to the rest of the helmet. As if the decal was singled out for abuse. This is common mistake from amateur fakers.