Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German helmet, real or fake??

Article about: Unfortunately, this is the only pictures I have. Do you think this is a good one? If so what do you think a fair price is? - Nick K

Default German helmet, real or fake??

Unfortunately, this is the only pictures I have. Do you think this is a good one? If so what do you think a fair price is? - Nick K

German helmet, real or fake??German helmet, real or fake??German helmet, real or fake??German helmet, real or fake??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet, real or fake??
    P
    Many

The liner is missing, and if I had to guess I'd say the paint on the shell almost certainly isn't genuine.
    Couldn't speak on prices, as I'm no expert. The authorities on lids should be along soon to help you out.

Regards, B.B.

MAP
    ?

Dome stamp stands a chance. Font's seem to match and it is not over the rust but I'm a bit wary given how pristine it is. Easy to fake.

From these photos alone, the camo looks tarted up. And paint seems too fresh. But any review of a camo helmet requires detailed photos.

Is there a maker/lot #?

Edit: 2nd glance...No chance in my book from these photos. Camo is under the split pins from what I can see.

Never take a chance until a seller gives you high quality photos.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for your feedback thus far. The seller has this helmet and a US ike jacket with it. The ike jacket looks good but I don't know about the helmet. I will have it in hand on Saturday. If I cannot get detailed photos of the helmet before saturday what are some basic signs that determine whether the helmet is fake or not? - Nick K

I think the shell and the dome stamp are likely genuine, but I don't like the look of the outer paint. Even cheap, this is not one that I would want...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hmmm. A rolled edged lid with no raised area around the vent hole? What model helmet is this gents?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Hmmm. A rolled edged lid with no raised area around the vent hole? What model helmet is this gents?
    Just a play of light. Its an M35.

Hi, going from those bad pics the exterior paint does not look convincing. The shell is good - In the second pic I can just make out NS 66.

Here is better photos, let me know what you think. - Nick K

German helmet, real or fake??German helmet, real or fake??German helmet, real or fake??German helmet, real or fake??German helmet, real or fake??

Does anyone have a second opinion based on the better photos provided? - Nick K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast