Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German helmet recycling!!! Auwsch!!!

Article about: Sad to see the helmets ripped off their pride. Although it's understandable as they weren't worth much back then. And they wouldn't be worth as much as they are today if many of the helmets

?

Sad to see the helmets ripped off their pride. Although it's understandable as they weren't worth much back then. And they wouldn't be worth as much as they are today if many of the helmets wouldn't have transformed into other items..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet recycling!!! Auwsch!!!
    P
    Many

?

Nifty coffee pot!!

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Just switch it for a chef's hat and you'll instantly feel better!

?

Quote by Kevlar View Post
    Sad to see the helmets ripped off their pride. Although it's understandable as they weren't worth much back then. And they wouldn't be worth as much as they are today if many of the helmets wouldn't have transformed into other items..
    Or when Hitler had won the war! Then I had worn a M98 or M11 atm or so. Same model but in Kevlar or so.

My neighbor was in Austria in the early 50s and he said they were using German helmets as utility pole caps to keep the tops of the poles from rotting.

Sad but they didn't look at it like us collectors just something to put to use and they did not worth anything like it is to us. This was done a lot recycling wartime things. timothy

?

And I think that most people were just happy to get rid of items that had to do with the 3th Reich.

I also understand the reason and dont feel shocked, it was the time for other necessities.
    Pans were more necessary than helmets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2