Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

German helmet recycling!!! Auwsch!!!

Article about: Sad to see the helmets ripped off their pride. Although it's understandable as they weren't worth much back then. And they wouldn't be worth as much as they are today if many of the helmets

?

Default German helmet recycling!!! Auwsch!!!

So, this is what happend with lot of German Helmet's after the war!!! Good God!!!

Duits fabriek maakt van helmen kookpannen - YouTube

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Sad to see those helmets go down the pan !!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    So, this is what happend with lot of German Helmet's after the war!!! Good God!!!

Duits fabriek maakt van helmen kookpannen - YouTube
    You see them for sale sometimes and also in museums. Also seen the same done to FJ helmets, there are some threads showing these already posted, but I have not seen the manufacturing pictures before.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010_0812dutchMuseumVisits0034.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	203.9 KB 
ID:	617901   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010_0812dutchMuseumVisits0035.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	196.6 KB 
ID:	617902  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010_0812dutchMuseumVisits0033 SMALLER.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	200.2 KB 
ID:	617903  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I guess this was a good idea at the time as many people lost their possessions during the war, turning helmets that are no longer needed into something useful for the population. But from a collectors perspective GOOD GOD

To be perfectly honest, I find nothing shocking or surprising about this... In fact I appreciate the sense of economy, ingenuity and improvisation behind these measures.

Let's face it: People in the immediate post-war period didn't need steel helmets, but they needed pots, pans and kitchen sieves. (In fact, the newsreel mentions that refugees and bombed-out families took precedence for delivery of the factory's manufactured goods; those were people who often had lost literally everything except for the clothes on their back or the contents of one suitcase.)

That reminds me of those coffee cans made from gasmask canisters, like this one: DHM Objektdatenbank

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I find nothing shocking or surprising about this... In fact I appreciate the sense of economy, ingenuity and improvisation behind these measures.

Let's face it: People in the immediate post-war period didn't need steel helmets, but they needed pots, pans and kitchen sieves. (In fact, the newsreel mentions that refugees and bombed-out families took precedence for delivery of the factory's manufactured goods; those were people who often had lost literally everything except for the clothes on their back or the contents of one suitcase.)

That reminds me of those coffee cans made from gasmask canisters, like this one: DHM Objektdatenbank
    Yes, offcourse you're 100% right!

No no no no no nooooo!..
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

?

Another recyclemethod linked by HPL2008.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	617910

Quote by HPL2008 View Post

True, but we have our collectors hats on so it hurts !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    True, but we have our collectors hats on so it hurts !
    Just switch it for a chef's hat and you'll instantly feel better!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast