Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Helmets

Article about: I have two helmets that used to be my fathers just wondering about them one looks like a m-35 double decal grey/green finish.The other looks like a m1940 double decal waffen-ss black helmet.

hjk1974
    ?

Default German Helmets

I have two helmets that used to be my fathers just wondering about them one looks like a m-35 double decal grey/green finish.The other looks like a m1940 double decal waffen-ss black helmet. Thanks P.S. could take some pictures and post them if i would help to get information about them.

2. # ADS

Jan
    ?

Default Re: German Helmets

Please do so!

Rgds Jan

hi and welcome to the forum hjk1974 the helmet guys here at the forum will need good clear close ups of the decals outsides of helmet and the liner also makers code and lot number usally on the rear skirt on the inside and you should get more acurate answers thanks

hjk1974
    ?

Here are some pictures thanks for looking at them for me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Helmets   German Helmets  

German Helmets   German Helmets  

hi agian iam no expert but that ss defo shows red flags to me looks like its been postwar brush painted and them decals look to new on both helmets but doesnt mean they are wrong also i think the dd heer has more of a chance that the ss wait for ade or dougb to speak on these tho again i could be wrong but i dont like them its jmo tho and hope i can stand corrected!

hi there is this also pictures from 3 helmets above or is the pictures 3 and 4 of the black ss helmet?

the helmet m42 that looks a bad one is it with a big foot fake decal aswell ade or dougb? or good decals

hjk1974
    ?

Picture 3 and 4 are of that black helmet thats why i was not for sure about that one but my father had it ever since i could rememder. the other one has numbers on the leather strap and 5511 on the helmet. Thanks for any help

Sorry Mate,

Looks like an M35 that may have been in Norweigen hands for a while before someone sprayed it black and stuck on the SS decals.

Similar deal with the M42 but the Eagle is on the wrong side.

Both look untouched on the inside but like I say the M35 looks to me Norweigen on the inside (colour). Possible restoration?

The experts will put you straight.

Best Regards

Jock

hjk1974
    ?

thats what i tough about the black one thats why i took picture#4 looks green on the underside with black spray . Do you know anything about that blade in picture#10 Thanks

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I am sorry to say that Jock is totally correct. Both of these helmets are postwar creations based upon Norwegian reissue German helmets.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast