Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

German helmets i have the opportunity to purchase

Article about: I asked for more and better pics. I will get them tonight and post them.

I would ask for additional pictures. Todd (helmetone) is referring to helmet C, which has the fairly uncommon and desirable early luftwaffe decal. At the price you have stated for it it might be a good grab. This is especially so if it has the tricolour shield decal on the other side.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmets i have the opportunity to purchase
    P
    Many

Dont you have enough early birds todd??? haha, is there a tri color shield on the other side or removed? If its a double decal early bird with true camo then that price is a no brainer IMO. I like the case the helmets are in and the WW1 camo! I think all those helmets look good, maybe a fake chin strap here and there but the prices are fair.

I asked for better pics of helmet C and whether there is another decal.

Hi Anton, as the guys have said , the Luftwaffe "droop tail" early bird is the rarest helmet here and at that price it is a good buy. There are one or two fake chinstraps on these helmets but I would not want to try and say which ones as there are so many in one thread and I'm sure to point at the wrong one! That said the last helmets strap looks particularly bad. Without better pictures I would "stick my neck out" and say that the decals all appear ok. Good luck on whichever you choose. Leon. ::EDIT: looking more closely ,I think all of the chinstraps except one are fakes! The best looking one is on the M42 HEER helmet IMO. Nice helmets though all the same!

If the C is a good DD one grab it as fast as you can :P
    Ask for better pictures of it

Just spoke to the seller and it is NOT a Double Decal helmet.
    He said that looking at it in person it does not look like it ever had one on the other side.
    Does that change any opinions?
    It it still the best deal?
    If so, what would this helmet normally go for (price range)?

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Dont you have enough early birds todd???
    Never! I only have three. The strap on the Luftwaffe looks to have brass lugs holding the strap.
    I also like the look of the WWI Camo. Wonder how the inside looks.

He also says that the only repro chin strap is on Helmet E (Nice condition Luft - NOT the cammo Luft).

Quote by anton67 View Post
    Just spoke to the seller and it is NOT a Double Decal helmet.
    He said that looking at it in person it does not look like it ever had one on the other side.
    Does that change any opinions?
    It it still the best deal?
    If so, what would this helmet normally go for (price range)?
    Hi Anton ,I would be highly surprised if this never had a national shield as this is the early decal. The shield may have been over painted or removed , either way I would be happy but if the decal was never there at all I would be concerned that the "droop tail" is either a fake or a post war applied original. I think you really need to tread carefully as there are also most defiantly more fake chinstraps than just the one! Leon.

I forgot to add, I can't say for sure that any of these are 100% complete and untouched. The photos are very bad and lacking the proper documentation of details and decals. That's why I would prefer you saw them in hand first but if that's not an option than insist on better photos or walk away. Even $600 for that m35 Luftwaffe is a lot of money if you're not 100% sure. My earlier comments were based on optimism that they're good helmets, minus a few reproduction straps.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast