Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

German helmets used in Vietnam

Article about: Over on the USMF is now a topic about German helmets worn in Vietnam, and I thought the pics posted there are interesting enough to re-post here too. German helmet in use in Vietnam - STEEL

Default German helmets used in Vietnam

Over on the USMF is now a topic about German helmets worn in Vietnam, and I thought the pics posted there are interesting enough to re-post here too.

German helmet in use in Vietnam - STEEL AND KEVLAR HELMETS - U.S. Militaria Forum

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmets used in Vietnam
    P
    Many

That is a remarkable story and what a cool helmet must be the only German helmet that served in 2 wars apart from the transitionals of course :-)

MAP
    ?

There was a thread/post here (or GHW) recently with the first photo.

The second photo is an SS.......argggghhhh....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    There was a thread/post here (or GHW) recently with the first photo.

The second photo is an SS.......argggghhhh....
    That is up there with the conversation with an acqaintance who when you mention your collecting interests says something like;

" oh really? You should have asked me last week, I just threw one of those in the bin!

I wonder if these were worn in Vietnam because they were perceived to be better than the M1 or if this is just a couple of bravado based "Gung Ho" images?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Whoa! These guys were almost 20 years ahead of their time. We finally caught up with Kevlar PA SGT helmets with the shape that resembled the Stahlhelm.

And the NVA North Vietnamese army, used NVA Nationale Volksarmee M56 lids!..