Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

german lid????

Article about: hi guys my father brought these home a few years ago,purchased at some farm sale! the lid and two medals and patch came as one lot. the lid is of a very small size, i would think child size

Default german lid????

hi guys
    my father brought these home a few years ago,purchased at some farm sale!
    the lid and two medals and patch came as one lot. the lid is of a very small size, i would think child size its so small!! we no nothing of these may well be fakes for all i no..... what can you guys tell me about them??? many thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german lid????   german lid????  

german lid????   german lid????  

german lid????  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german lid????
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: german lid????

I would tell that it's a good and genuine items
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

EK2 looks to be a ring numbered one? and it is a good one, as too is the 25year faithful service medal. The helmet I have a few concerns over. I have no doubt that the helmet is real, when you say a small size, 52/53? If so its not that uncommon, however from the pictures it looks as though someone at some time has stripped off additional paint to reveal the original finish, but what concerns me the most is the shadow of a former decal on the other side. DD M42......no.

The adler is difficult to judge, but I "think" it is ok, having been rubbed at some stage, but I would like to see the inside before any further comments.

I don't know what the cloth badge is, but someone will know

?

I agree with John about the paint on the helmet
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

The shoulder patch is 173rd Airborne Brigade, Special Forces, probably Vietnam Era. You have it pictured upside down. There would have been an additional Airborne tab over the top. Hope this helps.

Great, I knew someone out there would know

Looking at the pictures of the helmet in detail I am about to put my neck on the line, and say that the Adler is a good one, nicely toned, but missing detail, If someone had painted a national shield on the other side years ago, that could account for the shadow, and scratches

thanks guys, heres a couple of more pics, any value ideas on lid and two medals, me dad paid £100 for the lot, but that was a number of years ago. size 54.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german lid????   german lid????  

german lid????  

Well the liner is a Norwegian issued piece....post-war. You can tell by the brownish colour and the "shoe-string" linter string. What I'm thinking is that this is a legit shell (it is) and the decal is also good - but this helmet was re-painted after the war and used by the Norwegian army (they did that)....the paint was later removed (hence the condition of the shell and decal).

Hope that helps.
    Cheers!
    Rob

Hi Guys, Rob has hit the nail on the head here. It is ex Norwegian.

At the £100 which was paid, given how prices have risen, it has proven to be a good investment.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by lach470 View Post
    Well the liner is a Norwegian issued piece....post-war. You can tell by the brownish colour and the "shoe-string" linter string. What I'm thinking is that this is a legit shell (it is) and the decal is also good - but this helmet was re-painted after the war and used by the Norwegian army (they did that)....the paint was later removed (hence the condition of the shell and decal).

Hope that helps.
    Cheers!
    Rob
    well done Rob
    I never checked the thread again, so i missed the liner, posted after i did

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast