Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German m35 questions

Article about: Just acquired a chrome plated m35 helmet. I was wondering what the markings are by the batch number. There is a 7 above the batch number and a 2 very faintly below the batch number. I'll pos

Default German m35 questions

Just acquired a chrome plated m35 helmet. I was wondering what the markings are by the batch number. There is a 7 above the batch number and a 2 very faintly below the batch number. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German m35 questions
    P
    Many

Photos will be essential. NH

A few pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German m35 questions   German m35 questions  

German m35 questions   German m35 questions  

German m35 questions  

?

Cool

I've got one of those. Mine came with the liner & chin strap. It makes a fun helmet to wear when ridding my Dnepr motorcycle/side car combi (which I'm painting Lw blue with FJR1 markings), especially when I have my MG 42 mounted on it. I've even got a 42 that some idiot painted aluminum for the side car passenger.
    Sarge

Hi, looks like a re-worked ET made M35 helmet. As for the "7" and "2", all I can say is that they are stamped in a different font style to the original batch numbers, so I guess they are post war, for what reason I have no idea. Leon.

It came with a 1943 liner in it with a makeshift chain chin strap. I was planning on putting a repro liner in it. The old liner is too frail and the band was tweaked a bit but the stank was insane.

Quote by 41mauser View Post
    It came with a 1943 liner in it with a makeshift chain chin strap. I was planning on putting a repro liner in it. The old liner is too frail and the band was tweaked a bit but the stank was insane.
    Well that liner may well stink and be in poor condition, but it would still suit the condition of someone else's lid that is missing a liner. You can sell that on it's own for $100 these days! Leon.

?

Yes, I would be interested in the liner....

Does anyone clean the liners with anything or just leave them alone. Also does anyone know of a place to obtain a good repro liner that is as close to original?

Anyone know of average price a helmet like this would go for with an original liner?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast