Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

German M42 Helmet - Army or Navy?

Article about: Hello, thanks in advance for any help you can give me. On the local craigslist page there is a German M42 helmet in exceptional condition. My question is whether the decal is an Army or Navy

Default German M42 Helmet - Heer or KM?

Hello, thanks in advance for any help you can give me. On the local craigslist page there is a German M42 helmet in exceptional condition. My question is whether the decal is an Heer or KM decal? I know the Heer silver decal can tone with age to look gold, thus my curiosity. Also, seems to be missing the liner draw string. These are the best images I have. I have not bought this helmet.

Regards, Ron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German M42 Helmet - Army or Navy?   German M42 Helmet - Army or Navy?  

German M42 Helmet - Army or Navy?  
    Attached Images Attached Images German M42 Helmet - Army or Navy? 
    Last edited by scruff1; 09-03-2014 at 07:38 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German M42 Helmet - Army or Navy?
    P
    Many

From that pic it doesnt look KM (gold). Im not even sure about originality of the helmet.

I think the decal is OK, could you get a better picture that we can enlarge though?

Not a KM IMO.

Is it an ET shell?

Don't know what stampings are on helmet. These are the only images I have (craigslist ad).

I think you would need much better pics for a solid opinion. I agree that it doesn't look very gold, but my eyes also want to see a two layer decal...

You can always ask for more pics. If someone wants to sell it, they should be happy to oblige.

Hi, the helmet itself looks fine to me, but I would not want to commit an opinion the decal from these images other than it is certainly not a KM decal. Leon.