Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German M42 medic helmet

Article about: I saw this one online and I can't say I'm totally convinced this one is original. I don't know much about German helmets so I'm interested to see what others say. As I'd with M1's which is m

Default German M42 medic helmet

I saw this one online and I can't say I'm totally convinced this one is original. I don't know much about German helmets so I'm interested to see what others say. As I'd with M1's which is my main interest, I think the paint looks way too good to be true.German M42 medic helmetGerman M42 medic helmetGerman M42 medic helmetGerman M42 medic helmetGerman M42 medic helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German M42 medic helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: German M42 medic helmet

There is a German word for helmets like this: crap

The paint is definitely bad.

EDIT: I saw this on eBay and the photos are much better, but I'm still not convinced

As I expected. Thank you.

Most of these (medic) helmets are fake/heavily faked. If you need some good reputable dealer sites just ask.

I wasn't really interested in a German medic helmet as this looked way off, and I had a hunch this one was far to good to be real. But as far as real m1 medic lid, I would like to know where I can find some real ones, if you wouldn't mind.

I would assume a German medic helmet in this condition would be worth at least 4k. Now watch the eBay helmet sell for around $900

Someone will run up the bid. There's a 101st airbourne medic helmet on eBay that in no way seems original and has no liner, yet the bid is at $500! I tend to stray away from painted helmets. Far too many fakes and it ruined the market for more rare helmets. Damn shame..

Quote by Gunakibomb View Post
    Someone will run up the bid. There's a 101st airbourne medic helmet on eBay that in no way seems original and has no liner, yet the bid is at $500! I tend to stray away from painted helmets. Far too many fakes and it ruined the market for more rare helmets. Damn shame..
    I'm sorry to say that there is a 101st airbourne lid on ebay every other day,and every single one of them is junk! The M42 in question here is a modern re-paint i'm afraid,the only wear is on the very edges of the rim and rivet heads and nowhere else,just looks artificial in one look. Leon.

I got to agree this helmet is bad.
    chris

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    I'm sorry to say that there is a 101st airbourne lid on ebay every other day,and every single one of them is junk! The M42 in question here is a modern re-paint i'm afraid,the only wear is on the very edges of the rim and rivet heads and nowhere else,just looks artificial in one look. Leon.
    Strange that they never get posted on any of the forums.
    chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast