Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German M42 Steel helmet

Article about: I've got the opportunity to get into an auction on this german M42 steel helmet. From what I see it looks good. I suspect that it might have been repainted sometimes if you look at the white

Default German M40 Steel helmet

I've got the opportunity to get into an auction on this german M40 steel helmet.
    From what I see it looks good. I suspect that it might have been repainted sometimes if you look at the white stains on the helmet?
    The decal look good from what I can see, the way the rust blend in with the decal it looks to have been there for a while, so I am willing to say it's good?

But as always, I'll like to check with you guys and have some other opinions on these items before I consider getting it into my personal collection

Best regards
    Norman

Edit: Typo..

German M42 Steel helmet German M42 Steel helmet German M42 Steel helmet German M42 Steel helmet
    Last edited by Normandie; 12-04-2016 at 11:47 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German M42 Steel helmet
    P
    Many

Sure looks good to me. Like the rolled edges on this model. How Much? Would love to have one myself.

There are no bids yet.
    I am not sure how much is a fair price for this helmet.

The liner looks to have seen fairly no use to it, looking at the edge of the liner and the inside. Might have been a replacement?
    Anyways, I really hope i'll get it at a fair price as a Christmas present for myself

Norman that is an M40 old pal!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Norman that is an M40 old pal!...
    Yes it is indeed; but looking at the paint looks like it could be a reissue. Also if im not mistaken thats a Pocher, isnt it?

Wops, may I say it was a typo?

it really was, I promise

Hi, I believe that's a ET decal, the shell should be Et/Ckl and I don't like the chinstrap, apart from that it looks ok to me.

Thanks for the input guys, especially the typo...

Might it be a reissued, we've had a lot of german helments trough our military in Norway after the war. But then again the repainted most of them or at least removed the decals.
    So it doesn't surprise me if both the liner and the chinstrap might be reissued. Whether or not the chinstrap is a post war made chinstrap or not I can't tell. It looks to have little to no use.

Again, thanks guys.

As for now, the bid is at about 222€ or 237$.
    I guess it might go upwards to 390€ or 415$.

Hi, as mentioned, the chinstrap is not a Reich period one. The liner may have been out as the band is showing signs of having been pulled about but without close ups of the pins it is hard to say. Other than that it looks fine, so at the right price it is well worth having. Leon.

From these photos not enough to be sure of anything.

Is this an online auction or will you be able to make an in-hand examination, Norman?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast