Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

German Medic Helmet

Article about: Is this one authentic? WWII German DN358 Helmet with Leather Liner and Chin Strap Painted Size 064 | eBay Annoyed from this ads?   Somebody surely must think it is.

?

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Seriously mate this was painted about 3 weeks ago !! Of course the seller is a nice gent , he wants to sell this for big bucks , plus i'm not sure why you would want a White camo helmet in the Feldlazerret , maybe to blend in with the sheets !!

The point of posting here is so everyone isn't on there own and they can take into consideration the opinion of those who may have more experience in the field !
    Paul
    The ones from Jersey weren't exactly in the front lines were they? and I'm betting the one shown in the picture wasn't either depends where and what the personal posting was.
    Plenty of clean white helms showed in England why not anywhere else, its a little unusual to ad so much Vet detail as well so I give it a maybe.

Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Medic Helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Paul
    The ones from Jersey weren't exactly in the front lines were they? and I'm betting the one shown in the picture wasn't either depends where and what the personal posting was.
    Plenty of clean white helms showed in England why not anywhere else, its a little unusual to ad so much Vet detail as well so I give it a maybe.

Regards
    He states it was repainted!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Paul

Regards
    If you would be happy to spend over 700 dollars on a "maybe" then that is of course your perogative , this Stahlhelm is original but it is the paint job / white / camo/ red cross which is in doubt and these are the things that significantly change it's value. The discussions here are all about opinions and expereince in such matters but a purchase has to be weighed up and decided upon by the purchaser !

As the opinion of most in the thread is that the paint is a modern addition can you give us a considered explanation as to why you think it is good and period applied and worth investing over 700 bucks ?

regards

Paul

WOW!!! It is almost up to $4000.
    Like I said before, somebody obviously thinks it is real (mistakenly or not).

?

4 grand!!!??? wow. enough to buy 2 or 3 real nice solid lids from respectable dealers. why take such a huge risk? i don't get it.

?

Pictures sucked so I just put them through auto correct.
    Paul the seller did ask me if I thought it better to suspend the listing to get a letter from the client, in the end they let it run. Instead of listening to this fool maybe the more knowledgeable will explain what to look for in a genuine one? I'm a fan of the jobs found in Jersey one was on a temp. display in the early 60's in the days when the Underground Hospital stunk of damp and disinfectant. a field job with solid provenance? never seen one, sorry I wish. I did buy one of the net a year ago ten mins later it was back in its box,,returned/refund.

Regards
    Eric
    German Medic HelmetGerman Medic HelmetGerman Medic HelmetGerman Medic HelmetGerman Medic HelmetGerman Medic HelmetGerman Medic HelmetGerman Medic HelmetGerman Medic HelmetGerman Medic HelmetGerman Medic Helmet

Sold for $4,002.00 Unbelievable !!!

Steve

Thank you to the fellow who directed me to this thread. I won the helmet; and, I am extremely confident it is authentic--including the paint. Once I have it in hand and I have finalized my research, I'll post my findings on WAF. This was a fun mystery to solve...

paying over 4000 on a helmet you arent sure if its 100% authentic is crazy, should of took the advice the experts gave on this helmet.

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    paying over 4000 on a helmet you arent sure if its 100% authentic is crazy, should of took the advice the experts gave on this helmet.
    Thanks for the constructive feedback. I am able to make collecting decisions without the positive affirmation of forums. The vet inscription is very very telling...in fact, it points to the exact location the helmet was "captured" or souveniered (I was scolded one time by a forum for saying a helmet was captured).

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast