Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

German Medic Helmet

Article about: Is this one authentic? WWII German DN358 Helmet with Leather Liner and Chin Strap Painted Size 064 | eBay Annoyed from this ads?   Somebody surely must think it is.

Of course the inscription could be "fake". But, I find it odd a "faker" would have such precise knowledge of a battle and hospital bunker locations...something 99% of collectors wouldn't know.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Medic Helmet
    P
    Many

I look forward to seeing the results of your hands on inspection and I hope you are correct, but why did the seller list it as authentic but has been painted?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Anon View Post
    I look forward to seeing the results of your hands on inspection and I hope you are correct, but why did the seller list it as authentic but has been painted?
    Seller had no clue what she had. In fact, she posted it on a silly EBay forum asking people to help identify the item and how / where it could be sold.

Hi, from what I can read the "inscription" only says "Med Off Zolt, Ostbunker, navel academy, Captured 9/44. That really is no detail at all as it only states a captured lid from the eastbunker, that could have been written at anytime and it holds no "place of capture"details. I really hope when you get it in hand that we are all wrong and you have scored a great helmet, but as it stands I would not personally hold out much hope. Just my opinion, no offence meant. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, from what I can read the "inscription" only says "Med Off Zolt, Ostbunker, navel academy 9/44. That really is no detail at all as it only states a captured lid from the eastbunker, that could have been written at anytime and it holds no "place of capture"details. I really hope when you get it in hand that we are all wrong and you have scored a great helmet, but as it stands I would not personally hold out much hope. Just my opinion, no offence meant. Leon.
    Leon, no offense taken. Just research a bit more. The internet has everything needed to solve the inscription. It was a fun week long project for me when debating whether to bid. Paint close-up photo sealed my opinion before I discovered the meaning of the inscription.

?

Who's all? this fool liked it!
    Jesus Jerry keep ya teeth in she said "painted" well it has lol! Good luck LDS! btw here's is a pic of the Veteran.

Eric
    German Medic Helmet

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Jesus Jerry keep ya teeth in she "painted" well it has lol! Good luck Rob btw here's is a pic of the Veteran.

Eric
    German Medic Helmet
    Yup, address and phone number in hand as well. That's the final research. Hand writing a letter today--hopefully, I get a response as cold calling isn't my style.

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    paying over 4000 on a helmet you arent sure if its 100% authentic is crazy, should of took the advice the experts gave on this helmet.
    TheGoon, let's not insult people. It is not the way of our forum. LaDoraSurf, welcome to the Forum . Please post your results here also as I am sure all of those who posted regarding this helmet will have interest in your findings.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Jesus Jerry keep ya teeth in she "painted" well it has lol! Good luck LDS! btw here's is a pic of the Veteran.

Eric
    I don't do humour from people I don't know so keep your funny comments to yourself
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by LaDoraSurf View Post
    Thanks for the constructive feedback. I am able to make collecting decisions without the positive affirmation of forums. The vet inscription is very very telling...in fact, it points to the exact location the helmet was "captured" or souveniered (I was scolded one time by a forum for saying a helmet was captured).
    I don't want to insult you mate or anything,but the vet inscription could and most likely is just a fairy tail If it was up to me i would stick with the experts opinion.This particular helmet i've seen it before a COUPLE of times on ebay.
    Good luck on the research,hope it turns out to be a good one!
    Emanuil.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast