Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

German medic helmet ?

Article about: Hi list this is the third post for help I have had in 3 days and hopefully it will be third time lucky. I purchased this helmet about 5 years ago from a dealer in Germany, at the time I had

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Agree with the others, it's a shame to find your treasured possession is dodgy but those long scratch marks are a big giveaway and some ares look like they've been hit with a scuff of course sandpaper.

BTW Hoss, what would the Geneva convention have to do with this? Curious to learn something new.
    Its there Glenn on the net the official agreed laws including measurements etc. I just thought it maybe something to look at the fact Germans may have painted and used the helmet postwar, Medical/Red Cross I didn't mean pre may'45.

Eric

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German medic helmet ?
    P
    Many

Quote by Hoss View Post
    Its there Glenn on the net the official agreed laws including measurements etc. I just thought it maybe something to look at the fact Germans may have painted and used the helmet postwar, Medical/Red Cross I didn't mean pre may'45.

Eric
    Now big Hoss has me really confused????
    Attached Images Attached Images German medic helmet ? 
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi members

Thanks for you replies, I just hope that something of my collection is genuine.
    I will put another civic medics helmet on in another thread , I must admit I have learnt the hard way over the last few days

Regards

Nick

Default Liner pics

Here are pics of the liner if it helps German medic helmet ?German medic helmet ?German medic helmet ?German medic helmet ?German medic helmet ?German medic helmet ?German medic helmet ?German medic helmet ?

Quote by Hoss View Post
    Its there Glenn on the net the official agreed laws including measurements etc.
    Agreed laws on the measurements of what, the red crosses? You have a link to this by any chance?

?

Nick
    What was the dealer name? I'm sorry I kind of like it so far, you watch mate a guy will come flying in and say he did it lol! something about it its very good if its a fake imo.
    It maybe old hat but do you have a UV light?

Eric

Hi Hoss

I purchased it from Henrik Rask about 4 or 5 years ago and no I don't have a uv light .
    What can I do with the light if I get one

Nick

?

Nick
    Its a helper tool nothing more, may be an indicator if it didn't glow. Hopefully more Gents will comment on what they do or don't like about your helmet.

Eric

?

You do not have to be a German helmet collector to see it is apparent by the repetitive tool markings the wear and patina the lack of chipping on the split pins and or increased wear to the paint in this area and virtually no extra wear and or chipping to the rim and or the dome were I would fully expect to see it that the paint on this helmet is contrived and or some one wore it while driving repeatedly through a dry car-wash in a convertible and let the brushes constantly run over there head.
    German medic helmet ?
    The execution of the crosses does not bother me a lot as these would have been field applied and or at a unit level just my two cents.

Regards Mark

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Agreed laws on the measurements of what, the red crosses? You have a link to this by any chance?
    You will need to ask about 1000 times, Hoss has a large tolerance for not coming up with evidence to his "facts". I am still waiting on the Q Tip one.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast