Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

German medic helmet ?

Article about: Hi list this is the third post for help I have had in 3 days and hopefully it will be third time lucky. I purchased this helmet about 5 years ago from a dealer in Germany, at the time I had

?

Quote by Hoss View Post
    Nick
    What was the dealer name? I'm sorry I kind of like it so far, you watch mate a guy will come flying in and say he did it lol! something about it its very good if its a fake imo.
    It maybe old hat but do you have a UV light?

Eric
    German medic helmet ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German medic helmet ?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Now big Hoss has me really confused????
    Confused is what you are when you do not collect actual helmets but only bad pictures of helmets.

?

Quote by Norfolkwolf View Post
    Hi members

Thanks for you replies, I just hope that something of my collection is genuine.
    I will put another civic medics helmet on in another thread , I must admit I have learnt the hard way over the last few days

Regards

Nick
    NIck not to worry, anyone who has collected has been down this road before myself included, and is why I am so passionate about the truth, the study and the weeding out of the charlatans, fakers and fraudsters of this hobby. One learns from his mistakes and once you gain confidence and network with good people in the hobby it is very enjoyable indeed.

MAP
    ?

Quote by DougB View Post
    NIck not to worry, anyone who has collected has been down this road before myself included, and is why I am so passionate about the truth, the study and the weeding out of the charlatans, fakers and fraudsters of this hobby. One learns from his mistakes and once you gain confidence and network with good people in the hobby it is very enjoyable indeed.
    Amen!!! I should post pictures of all the Medals/Awards I purchased years ago that turned out to be fake. Lot's of money lost!

But while a hard lesson it had a very positive outcome. I now:

- study recommended reference materials,
    - browes the threads here when I'm about to purchase an item,
    - listen to the good advice from the experts
    - and post an item prior to purchasing (if at all possible) or get a gty.

Edit: and since following these guidelines, I haven't lost a dime

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Like most others here I don't like the helmet shown but I do, however, like Carl Sagan

German medic helmet ?

Quote by Hoss View Post
    Its there Glenn on the net the official agreed laws including measurements etc. I just thought it maybe something to look at the fact Germans may have painted and used the helmet postwar, Medical/Red Cross I didn't mean pre may'45.

Eric
    German medic helmet ?

Convention for the Amelioration of the Condition of the Wounded and Sick in Armies in the Field. Geneva, 27 July 1929.
    Chapter VI : The distinctive emblem - Art. 21.
    Art. 21. The personnel protected in pursuance of Articles 9 (paragraph 1), 10 and 11, shall wear, affixed to the left arm, an armlet bearing the distinctive sign, issued and stamped by military authority.
    The personnel mentioned in Article 9, paragraphs 1 and 2 , shall be provided with a certificate of identity, consisting either of an entry in their small book (paybook) or a special document.
    The persons mentioned in Articles 10 and 11 who have no military uniform shall be furnished by the competent military authority with a certificate of identity with photograph, certifying their status as medical personnel.
    The certificates of identity shall be uniform and of the same pattern in each army.
    In no case may the medical personnel be deprived of their armlets or the certificates of identity belonging to them.
    In case of loss they have the right to obtain duplicates.

There ya go it doesn't mention markings or size of markings on helmets, medics were only required to wear an armband bearing the red cross, red cross markings on helmets appeared only to make the medic more noticeable to enemy troops, there were no "regulation" sizes!.....
    Last edited by Gunny Hartmann; 01-29-2015 at 09:57 PM.

Thanks Gunny .... I unterstand now.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Gunny, who needs actual facts when you can just make shit up and post whatever comes to mind. Unfortunately this helmet section continues to be polluted by nonsense from a single poster who likes to "hear himself talk", unfortunately 90% of it is utter and unfounded silliness. I remain hopeful that the moderators/admins will find the exit door for this soon as this is a less enjoyable place having to swordfight and factcheck this idiocy in every single bloody post now.

I highly doubt this type of ridiculous posting, half baked theories, incorrect facts and mindless babble would be tolerated in the SS uniform section or the Cap section.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast