Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

German medic helmet ?

Article about: Hi list this is the third post for help I have had in 3 days and hopefully it will be third time lucky. I purchased this helmet about 5 years ago from a dealer in Germany, at the time I had

Default German medic helmet ?

Hi list this is the third post for help I have had in 3 days and hopefully it will be third time lucky.

I purchased this helmet about 5 years ago from a dealer in Germany, at the time I had more money than sense and thought it looked nice, I am not an expert , so i would like any opinions on this helmet . A decal can be seen under the red paint on the right of the
    Any suggestions would appreciated

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German medic helmet ?   German medic helmet ?  

German medic helmet ?   German medic helmet ?  

German medic helmet ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German medic helmet ?
    P
    Many

?

Hi Nick
    Medic helmets are amongst the toughest to determine via forum photos, and often you get a wide range of opinion. For me this helmet screams postwar painted due to the surface scratching (repetitive toolmarking), the absence of natural wear in areas you'd expect like raised areas and the dome.
    Sorry but thats how she looks.
    Doug

Thanks Doug I appreciate your thoughts

Nick

Doug has said pretty much all - can I also comment that with all the scuff marks and scratches abounding on this one that (if) they were genuine, then the rim is noticeably free of wear. For me, envisioning a helmet being bumped around the edges a lot by a Sanitater in combat, I would be looking for more abrasion there.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

crappy fake.
    chris

Can you post a pic of liner? Medic helmets are always a challenge. To me the crosses look to be poorly executed. did you throw a black light on it? just my 2 cents

?

Hello
    I don't see it as WW2 maybe something done postwar to fall in line with the Geneva Convention, other than the vent close up the pictures are poor imo.

Regards
    Eric

Hi, sorry mate, but this is another messed with helmet. The wear to the paint work is contrived with repetitive tool marks and bumping. Leon.

Agree with the others, it's a shame to find your treasured possession is dodgy but those long scratch marks are a big giveaway and some ares look like they've been hit with a scuff of course sandpaper.

BTW Hoss, what would the Geneva convention have to do with this? Curious to learn something new.

Quote by Hoss View Post
    Hello
    I don't see it as WW2 maybe something done postwar to fall in line with the Geneva Convention, other than the vent close up the pictures are poor imo.

Regards
    Eric
    WTF ? It's a bleeding fake Hoss. Get sober.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast