Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

German Medic Q62 Helmet

Article about: Alright guys, here it is. A rare medic helmet by Quist. It is currently listed on eBay at this link WWII German medic helmet | eBay . I see a lot of potential in this helmet, but of course,

Default German Medic Q62 Helmet

Alright guys, here it is. A rare medic helmet by Quist. It is currently listed on eBay at this link WWII German medic helmet | eBay . I see a lot of potential in this helmet, but of course, one should always tread carefully when dealing with medic helmets. The red cross is obviously hand painted. The decal is, from what I can tell, consistent with the wear of the helmet. The white paint on the underside of the helmet I believe is the same as the white paint on the exterior. White paint has turned a little yellowish. The DN92 is a Quist Factory patent number, a pretty rare one at that. I know for a fact the helmet is authentic. What I am interested in is if the Medic insignia is original and if the liner is correct for this style helmet. The seller does mention that the drawstring is a reproduction, which is obvious, so no mystery there. Let me know what you think guys.

Regards, Corey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Medic Q62 Helmet   German Medic Q62 Helmet  

German Medic Q62 Helmet   German Medic Q62 Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Medic Q62 Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German Medic Q62 Helmet

I don't like the wear, looks artificial. Liner looks "puffy" like it's been replaced and not original to the shell, maybe dyed. I don't like it in any case. I think I'd pass.

?

I thoroughly agree.

Those were my initial concerns as well, thank you gentleman!

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    The DN92 is a Quist Factory patent number, a pretty rare one at that. I know for a fact the helmet is authentic. What I am interested in is if the Medic insignia is original and if the liner is correct for this style helmet. The seller does mention that the drawstring is a reproduction, which is obvious, so no mystery there. Let me know what you think guys.

Regards, Corey
    For you information it is not a patent number , every helmet got stamped with such a number. With an estimated couple of hundred helmets which received the same number.
    The number tells us if this helmet should have a decal. All registered helmets in the GHW lotnr list have decals. The medic cross and the scars and wear do not look authentic at all and the absence of a decal says it all.

Here's a sample :

M40 DN81 Q 62 SD Heer steel liner
    M40 DN81 Q 62 SD Heer steel liner
    M40 DN85 Q 66 SD Heer steel liner 1941
    M40 DN85 Q 66 SD LW steel liner
    M40 DN91 Q 64 SD Heer steel liner
    M40 DN91 Q 64 SD Heer steel liner
    M40 DN105 Q 62 SD KM steel liner
    M40 DN105 Q 62 SD KM steel liner
    M40 DN105 Q 64 SD LW steel liner
    M40 DN105 Q 64 SD LW steel liner
    M40 DN105 Q 62 SD Heer steel liner

I was only repeating the information from The Online Guide to World War II German Helmets. It says some quist were stamped DN, a patent identification Associated to the helmets model or type. Regards, Corey

Some lot numbers are alphanumeric like this. I don't know the significance but it's not that uncommon. I have a Quist M40 and Quist M42 with a DN prefix.