MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

German Medics Helmet continued

Article about: by gel65 Sorry, I never had a chance to speak with him right now I have been very bogged down with school work and sports. Doug's offer is generous but at the moment I do not have the time t

?

You need to forget ther Vet bringback story , yes the Father may have been a WW2 Vet but that means nothing the Helmet could just be one that the son who is the one selling is saying was brought back by his father as it gives it authentication , the fraudsters of our hobby and there are many ( including the sons / relatives of vets ) will use any story they can to move on a fake.

There are quite a few original White camos posted on the forum so i suggest you compare , particulary the close up's of the paintwork !!

But the bottom line is as Doug says if you like it buy it , but it wouldn't be one for me,

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Medics Helmet continued
    P
    Many

?

Here are more pictures closeup I do not see the repetition of tool marks. The helmets previous owners name has been filed out. The liner pins are so tight I they feel like they have not been moved or messed with German Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continued

Is the paint at all chalky? For me on this one, I don't know. If I saw it I'd think it had a chance but as has been said, they are a nightmare to authenticate. There is no real standard for a helmet like this.

?

It has a chalky sort of rough text another collector said the paint resembled the kind they used on the german vehicles
    Last edited by gel65; 11-02-2013 at 01:45 PM.

You gotta get a better camera man.

?

A little trick if you have a magnifying glass put that infront of the camera lens

?

German Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedHere are some pictures using magnifying glass they are much better thanks for the info RH1941

Far from being an expert I'd have to say that I can see why people are hesitant --- One thing that sticks out to me is that it's worn all the way down to the bare steel on the dome but the overpaint is pretty much still intact on the rest of the shell. Also looks as if the dome wear has been applied after white paint AND patina, resulting in a lighter shade of white surrounding the worn down dome --- also does not appear to have any patina to the bare steel spot on top... very strange considering the dark and pretty heavy patina to the paint.

I don't know... something about it just seems forced and over the top in terms of details one would be looking after and, of course... again, I really do not like the dome wear that looks to have been applied after the patina.

A quick Paint job to illustrate my observations ( I'd expect this border to be circular if this lighter shade of white was just due to the flash/lighting)

German Medics Helmet continued

?

Hello I believe the wear could be from laying on the top from every time they would take their helmet off

?

Well I really do appreciate all of your opinion I spoke with Ron R on Wehrmacht awards forum and sent his some pictures he thought that the helmet was good, I really an not trying to down play your opinions but I am somewhat not sure what to think.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast