Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Pith helmet badges.

Article about: Good day and happy New Year to everyone. Came across these pith helmet badges,haven't had any expierence with them before, so would like to hear Your opinions/information, just to be sure. P

Default German Pith helmet badges.

Good day and happy New Year to everyone.
    Came across these pith helmet badges,haven't had any expierence with them before, so would like to hear Your opinions/information, just to be sure.
    Pictures are not the best quality, could not get better ones,sorry for that.
    Thanks a lot
    Regards,
    Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Pith helmet badges.   German Pith helmet badges.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Pith helmet badges.
    P
    Many

?

Nice originals with all their prongs.

Robt.

Nice originals missing their silver wash, but with all prongs intact.
    Morris

Whilst I hate to disagree with the previous posters, both are fakes, the pebbling is reversed (note the fronts are dimpled and the raised pebbling is on the rears, which is the wrong war round) and the pointy pins with soft solder are all signs of relatively modern copies/fakes.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Geez, i thought die struck zinc (no silver wash)with correct copper prongs. Nice detail to eagle unlike the cast crap usually seen. So are the fakers using orig dies or making new ones? My jury remains out on these though more than willing to be enlightened.

Robt.

Thanks for Your answers, gentleman.
    I can see opinions are different..what is the final verdict on these helmet badges? Should I pass on them?
    Regards,
    Peter

You use the "Advanced Search" box on the top right, type in "German Pith Helmet badges" and you will find the answer. Have a look at the thread from 2011.

?

Take Jerry’s advice and pass on them, they appear to be repro.

Robt.

MAP
    ?

So just happened to run across a set for sale over on WAF. Looks to have the same "dimpled" pattern.

Assume these are fake as well?

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Well, thats where i went too for info. I’m still not sure if the shields that begin this thread are repro. They look like a matched set of die struck zinc with no silvering and frankly Im unsure whether the pins are original or just replaced. No dog in this hunt but just saying.

Robt.
    Ps..... note the dull grey eagle shield.... posted as a mismatch to its nat tri color.
    Pss..... when you start looking at repro’s you immediately encounter dreadful cast fakes with ludicrous renderings of the eagle. If some of todays fakers are using original dies why wouldnt they get the pins right?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Pith helmet badges.  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast