Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

The German Stahlhelm (period photos)

Article about: Helmet camouflaged with leaves, notice the coconut canteen France, 1944

?

Default Re: The German Stahlhelm (period photos)

Pictures are super..here are some of from my collection. see more on my site militaria-pictures.comThe German Stahlhelm (period photos)The German Stahlhelm (period photos)The German Stahlhelm (period photos)The German Stahlhelm (period photos)The German Stahlhelm (period photos)The German Stahlhelm (period photos)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The German Stahlhelm (period photos)
    P
    Many

Hello,
    This photo showing german helmets in use is one of my all time favourites as it was taken in my hometown.
    They're not german soldiers, they're not french FFIs, they're republican spanish guerilleros parading right after the liberation of the town. As some of you may know, Toulouse, my hometown, received thousands and thousands of republican spanish fighters and their family after "La Retirada" in February 1939, the retreat to France of all those who did flee Franquism...According to witnesses, the crowd was really crazy when these freedom fighters did parad. At this moment all these men believe that the next step is the liberation of Spain...they're marching behind the flag of the spanish republic which is not red/yellow/red but violet (purple?)/yellow/red....you can believe me if i say that those men weren't choirboys...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

White washing SS Helmets on the Ostfront

The German Stahlhelm (period photos)The German Stahlhelm (period photos)

I really love this thread
    Here are mine 2 helmet photo's

Felddivision with helmet nets

Also Felddivision(from the same lot)
    The most right is wearing a helmet net, the fifth from the left is (I think) wearing a helmet net or a mosquito net.

Hello all,

just come across this image taken in a Liverpool street in 1953. I think it's a Luftwaffe decal on this helmet (maybe wrong) and how pristine it looks only 8 years after the end of the war? Hope you find it interesting, cheers.

?

Looks like a Luftwaffe M42 , great photo !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Looks like the little scouser has a nice M35 Luft there, that is a cool pic. My Grandad is from Liverpool, bombed out of his home twice during the war. My great grandfather was blown into the water of the Huskisson dock when the SS Malakand blew up at the dockside, some hours after the raid which set her ablaze. He survived and arrived home that day a few hours late and soaking wet. She was carrying ammunition as I remember.

Edit, could be a '42 Paul, I guessed '35 from the shine to it.

Wonder what it looks like today, this helmet.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

i put the photo of the guy with disruptive camo helmet on a other thread but its better on this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images The German Stahlhelm (period photos)  The German Stahlhelm (period photos) 

Hello,
    Thanks to all for these nice photos...
    The camo on the last photo posted is tremendous...too bad that the soldier on the left didn't take example on his mate to apply also a nice camo scene on his helmet...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast