Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

German Steel Helmet - Original or Fake?

Article about: Hi to all., I need you help with this helmet. If it's original or fake, and what kind of helmet it is? Best Regards., Von River

Default German Steel Helmet - Original or Fake?

Hi to all.,

I need you help with this helmet.
    If it's original or fake, and what kind of helmet it is?

Best Regards.,

Von River

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Steel Helmet - Original or Fake?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I would have said it's a 1960's/70's biker helmet but the liner is new...

So maybe a "bikers helmet" that someone then added a repro liner recently.

In the 60's / 70's it was not unheard of to take original bring back helmets and paint them black or chrome them to be worn on "choppers"

German Steel Helmet - Original or Fake?German Steel Helmet - Original or Fake?German Steel Helmet - Original or Fake?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Certainly a bikers helmet, with no collectable value.

I disagree with the liner being a repro, I think it is a liner post war made with an original M31 leather piece. But not one made recently.
    You can see recycled M31 leathers in repainted shells quite often actually, they either used the Luftschutz cardboard type liner or made a new one using things that were available.
    Luis

Odd "zig zag" stitching to the rear seam of leather & not WW2 era placed size mark to leather. Not sure what it is.
    Strange too it appears a member of the "outlaws" MC riding with a "Hells Angel" on the back. Always thought of them as fierce enemies...unless it's some sort of a hoax & the colors are fakes

D.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Strange too it appears a member of the "outlaws" MC riding with a "Hells Angel" on the back. Always thought of them as fierce enemies...unless it's some sort of a hoax & the colors are fakes
    D.
    Exactly what i noticed too! The fella on the back of the bike looks pretty drunk though, so maybe hostilities were paused for that day...

MAP
    ?

Odd "zig zag" stitching to the rear seam of leather & not WW2 era placed size mark to leather. Not sure what it is.

D.
    WAY before my time to know about gang politics!

I do like the first photo though. Looks like a vaulted EK1. Can't make out the decal on the helmet though...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Must have been quite hot wearing chrome plated steel on your head on a sunny summers day. Chrome absorbs heat more so than a painted surface . "Ouch"
    D.

D.
    I've seen a few of those types of post war reused leather pieces and they always seem to have this type of stitching at the rear and maybe the old size stamp wore out and they had to add a new one.
    I don't know, just guessing, maybe there are still some markings on the inside of the leather that could help.
    Luis

But it's a original bring back helmet that was painted in chrome?
    The liner it's a post war made with an original M31 leather piece? right?
    What model is, M-35, M-40 or M-42?
    Or it's complete fake?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast