Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

german ww1 helmet with ww2 markings?

Article about: I have not had the chance to see this other than in pictures... and im not much of a german collector so i dont know if this is real or not? any help? Annoyed from this ads?  

Default german ww1 helmet with ww2 markings?

I have not had the chance to see this other than in pictures... and im not much of a german collector so i dont know if this is real or not? any help?

german ww1 helmet with ww2 markings?german ww1 helmet with ww2 markings?german ww1 helmet with ww2 markings?german ww1 helmet with ww2 markings?german ww1 helmet with ww2 markings?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german ww1 helmet with ww2 markings?
    P
    Many

Hi, the helmet looks to have some pitting around the liner nut hole, which is the same colour as the rest of the helmet so it must have been repainted and the decals would have been applied after and are not original. Look like the helmet may have originally have been green from the inside.

Cheers
    Harry

Quote by Harry Davey View Post
    Hi, the helmet looks to have some pitting around the liner nut hole, which is the same colour as the rest of the helmet so it must have been repainted and the decals would have been applied after and are not original. Look like the helmet may have originally have been green from the inside.

Cheers
    Harry
    yeah i was kinda confused by it ive never seen one with those markings, only SS markings and they were that greenish grey. thanks for the help!

Looks like a relic lid with repro decals and repainted.

?

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    Looks like a relic lid with repro decals and repainted.
    Agreed, this one reminds of an old expression about the plague, "Best to be avoided"!
    Edit: Oh forgot to add, decals are on the wrong sides too.

Brad.

Quote by Lidman View Post
    Agreed, this one reminds of an old expression about the plague, "Best to be avoided"!
    Edit: Oh forgot to add, decals are on the wrong sides too.

Brad.
    was thinking that too but obviously im no expert lol

?

Don't like it but the round decal reminds me of what Ludwig Baer calls a children example with a state shield. Had one sold it to Malcolm Fisher decades ago.

Regards

If it's dirt cheap and i mean cheap, it'd be ok after you stripped off the dodgy decals!..

?

Pics are horrible Gunny, sorry I'll never understand some people when trying to sell an item offer up lousy photographs.

Regards
    Eric

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    If it's dirt cheap and i mean cheap, it'd be ok after you stripped off the dodgy decals!..
    Haha I was more interested because I had never seen that particular style helmet with those marking how they are and at that price which is far from dirt cheap... this is sitting at a price of 500 I would never have bought it or even considered it I was just curious. To me the helmet looked right but everything else looked wrong
    Last edited by JeepCreep; 12-04-2014 at 07:09 AM.