Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

German WW2 M40 Luftwaffe Helmet Q68 Battle Damage Helmet

Article about: Thought I would post this one up its one of my favorites. Its an M40 Luftwaffe Q68 lot number 104. Not sure if it was caused in battle but it has one heck of a bullet ding and lots of wear t

great helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German WW2 M40 Luftwaffe Helmet Q68 Battle Damage Helmet
    P
    Many

Very nice LW helmet CGR, I suppose you might say that the damage might have been caused not by the bullet "with his name on it" but rather the one marked "to whom it may concern".

Hi CGR

This outdoor photo really does wonders for this helmet and provides so much more detail. A very nice Luft decal and I love the little bit of paint sticking to the inside of the vent.

If/when you are able more outside shots - I think they make a big difference in showing the true character of your helmets.

A very nice helmet with lots of character!

Andy

CGR
    ?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Very nice LW helmet CGR, I suppose you might say that the damage might have been caused not by the bullet "with his name on it" but rather the one marked "to whom it may concern".
    Thanks! Very true! I bet he had a heck of a story to go along with it.

CGR
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Hi CGR

This outdoor photo really does wonders for this helmet and provides so much more detail. A very nice Luft decal and I love the little bit of paint sticking to the inside of the vent.

If/when you are able more outside shots - I think they make a big difference in showing the true character of your helmets.

A very nice helmet with lots of character!

Andy
    Thanks Andy! I agree but sometimes pics I take outside makes the helmet look a lot different than they look inside. Its weird because you can take a pic of a helmet in sunlight, in a light cube, on a shelf etc and they will all look like different helmets.

This shows how difficult it is to photograph a helmet with the 'true' colour.
    I often adjust the saturation and colour afterwards on my computer - not to deceive but to better represent how it really looks.
    I love the impact on the back of the helmet - probably not fatal, but as stated one hell of a headache.
    nick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3