Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

German WWII helmet

Article about: Hi guys, I am again looking through craigslist too see what WWII stuff is on there and I came across a supposed WWII German helmet. I believe that it is and M1940 or M1942 (used the charts f

Default German WWII helmet

Hi guys, I am again looking through craigslist too see what WWII stuff is on there and I came across a supposed WWII German helmet. I believe that it is and M1940 or M1942 (used the charts from German-Helmets.com). The seller describes the helmet as "good shape /with original metal liner band stamped 56 ph 517-272-1118 " and is asking for $100. He had 3 pictures with the posting and I have attached them. I don't know if this would be considered a "relic" but it does appear very rough.

I may take some time to go out and look at it, but that would only be if I was very sure that I would be buying it because the drive is about an hour and a half.

I was wondering if you could tell me the type of helmet as well as possibly the value of resell. I understand you might not do "appraisals" I won't be put off.

I am just starting out collecting WWII items and I really do not know what to look for to determine authenticity or value of an object so if you could tell me what you like or don't like about it, it would help better my understanding and hopefully keep me from getting ripped off!

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate your help,

thefight
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German WWII helmet  
    Attached Images Attached Images German WWII helmet  German WWII helmet 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German WWII helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: German WWII helmet

You need to ask him for better pictures is the paint still on the outside?
    It looks like a M35 or M40 .If the paint is still ok on the outside a 100$ would be good.

Chris

Thanks for the reply Chris, I have already e-mailed him asking for better pictures but he insisted that these were the best that he had. I will ask him if the paint is still there and will keep bugging him for better pictures (I suppose it would help if he turned off the flash). I will update when I get new information.

I have a quick question, how much does original paint being on (or off) the helmet effect the value?

thanks again,

thefight

Skip this one and save up for a better one.

This one could be termed 'semi-relic', but $100 is not too bad.
    Maybe you can negotiate him down a bit.............!
    Regards,

Steve.

I think I will pass on this one. He doesn't want to give me any other information or pictures, and I can't look at it for myself. He wouldn't even tell me if the paint was there or not! It is really not worth my time.

Thanks for the help guys.

I saw this one, too. Try to talk him down to $75 or so if you are interested in restoring it. As far as its worth to collectors, there isn't much here.