Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Germany's combat Helmets

Article about: This thread is to show some of my helmets in my collection, others are also welcome to post theirs. I want to keep this thread going! Annoyed from this ads?   First up is my SD Heer M42

MAP
    ?

These are a really really really tough call. Very common for these to be paint black post war as "biker" helmets. And little period proof (if any that I am aware of) of black painted Heer helmets. That said, I have heard some theories that this was done. And if there is provenance behind the lid, there has to be some truth to some being real. But as said, a tough call.

Would love to hear others views. But maybe that requires a separate thread. I know I'm happy with this lid. Got it knowing the issues and picked it up from a good man.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Germany's combat Helmets
    P
    Many

Couldn't black lids simply be Flak units?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Couldn't black lids simply be Flak units?
    Potentially. This is a Heer and not a Luft. Or. Some type of night camo...

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Are there any period photos? Another thing to think about is, if it was painted by the GI why would he not completely obscure the heer decal?

both of ours look alike in terms of how they were done. the texture of the paint, the inside left alone, and the decal still visible (even though mine isnt in very good shape).

MAP
    ?

Now I see that your decal is painted around as well, was viewing it on a cell phone at first. I'm resigned to the perpetual "unknown" nature of this lid and will accept positive / negative theories (althought I am inclined to believe it is wartime painted. In the end, both are still nice helmets.

M

Bumping up the thread with my new addition. A first model Afrika Korps pith helmet made by JHS. Sadly the chinstrap was lost to time, but it is still a great helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Germany's combat Helmets   Germany's combat Helmets  

Germany's combat Helmets   Germany's combat Helmets  

MAP
    ?

Nice used pith. Definitely was not a shelf queen. I like it.

"Used, not abused" is my favorite kind of militaria.

MAP
    ?

Same here. Just enough salt...

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast