Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

gladiator helmet ?

Article about: hi guys i just want some advice and opinions on this helmet it is of a 2 piece construction i have my doubts its geniune everything just seems wrong on it even the liner and chin strap dont

Default gladiator helmet ?

hi guys i just want some advice and opinions on this helmet it is of a 2 piece construction i have my doubts its geniune everything just seems wrong on it even the liner and chin strap dont look right it is stamped rl 2 -38/28 on the rear apron cheers jamesgladiator helmet ?gladiator helmet ?gladiator helmet ?gladiator helmet ?gladiator helmet ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement gladiator helmet ?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: gladiator helmet ?

It looks ok to me , the liner has the leather tabs used for the neck protection flap for fire services, whether its TR period or not im not too sure, but these arent faked much as far as i know

I do not see anything wrong with it.

thanks dave and chris for your input i was wondering what the small tabs were for ,i take it these helmets were used for a long time post war then ? cheers james

?

Most of the TR helmets, the ones that survived, were reissued into other areas, fire services especially, there was a thread on here some time ago whereby one of the members was given a few M40 fire helmets that had been used right up to recent times, until a change over occurred, they had been repainted but the original colour was still underneath i believe

thanks dave i would love to see that thread ,ill try and find it ,, i was looking at the front of the helmet and there appears to be a bit of paint wear and underneath i can see a greyish blue paint cheers james