Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

gold hkp m40 sd

Article about: This hkp sd m40 batch number 018. I found yesterday at a junk store. The helmet was spayed over with a horrible gold spray paint. but I could see there was a over painted decal. and the line

Default gold hkp m40 sd

This hkp sd m40 batch number 018.
    I found yesterday at a junk store.
    The helmet was spayed over with a horrible gold spray paint. but I could see there was a over painted decal. and the liner was all in tack still with the washers in place.
    so I got the helmet home after paying not much for it.
    I got a Q tip and some thinners and started to remove the paint where the decal should be and guess what there was a decal there.
    so I spent a few hours removing the rest.
    when I got to the inside, there was a sticker in the dome, I removed it and under was a dome stamp.
    This really made my day. another local find, I will never no why this helmet was painted gold. and really don't mater now.
    there's still a few specks of gold paint here and there but that's ok for now.
    also a very low batch number to. cheers mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture gold hkp m40 sd   gold hkp m40 sd  

gold hkp m40 sd   gold hkp m40 sd  

gold hkp m40 sd  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement gold hkp m40 sd
    P
    Many

great job.
    chris

Mark,

Wow, congratulations ! That is a remarkable find ! That is truly a good question why anyone would overspray the original finish.

You know I have seen many obscure camo on helmets. I hope this was not an original field apply that you removed. How easy was the gold finish removed ? With lots of effort or easy like one could remove with todays spray paint ?

Why, oh why, do people Do things like spraying a decent helmet Gold?? It just goes to show that alcohol and spray paint do Not mix...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

WOW with a Q tip . That is impressive work. You did a great job and the reward is obvious! Nice M40. Congrats
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by Ty Revelo View Post
    Mark,

Wow, congratulations ! That is a remarkable find ! That is truly a good question why anyone would overspray the original finish.

You know I have seen many obscure camo on helmets. I hope this was not an original field apply that you removed. How easy was the gold finish removed ? With lots of effort or easy like one could remove with todays spray paint ?
    the images doesn't really show how gold the paint was. it was a sparkling gold. and came off very easy this paint was sprayed out of a can. but a while ago.

MAP
    ?

Nice save!!!

How many Q - tips did it take?

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I used a few of them. but I also had a rag over my finger and dipped it in the thinners and used it to wipe of the larger arrears . but I would make shore that none of the original paint was coming of to.

If it had the metallic finish then for sure it was not original.

In all cases it is a wonderful helmet ! A very nice find !

Mark, I can only congratulate you on saving this one and restoring it to such a high standard, well done, the hard work paid off. Leon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast