Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Good or bad liner?

Article about: Hi guys, I am considering buying this stuff mostly to get the liner from the german helmet which I can use on another helmet I got. What do you think about the liner. Does it look okay?

?

Default Good or bad liner?

Hi guys,

I am considering buying this stuff mostly to get the liner from the german helmet which I can use on another helmet I got. What do you think about the liner. Does it look okay?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Good or bad liner?   Good or bad liner?  

Good or bad liner?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Good or bad liner?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Good or bad liner?

From the pictures supplied it looks ok, but i would seriously reconsider taking this one out for another, the colour isnt very clear on the helmet, but i see a dark blue effect on my lap top, possibly Luftwaffe?, what helmet are you thinking of putting this liner in, to me its seated well and belongs where it is, plus you run the risk of breaking pins

?

I'm seeing a bluish green Dave.

Liner looks good to me, but I wouldn't butcher an other helmet to get a liner. Consider buying a liner separately, since no matter what you do the liner won't be original to the helmet, but at least that way you don't take apart an other helmet. As Dave said, the pins can be tricky bastards too.

Nitram

Agreed. The splotchy greenish camo overpaint needs to come off, but under that is original Luft blue. And it is named by the look of things. I would try and find another liner

?

Yeh I wouldn't be mucking with that helmet, you can find original liners.......and as stated, once the pins are out,and you don't break them, you will never get them to sit flush on another shell

?

It was actually for another luftwaffe helmet. Thanks for letting me know about the difficulty with replacement of the liner from another helmet. These parts in the pictures is an auction in denmark I am looking at and my original plan was just to take the liner out and then sell all the other stuff. Including the helmet because of the ugly green collar that have been put on it. Now I probably will let it go and try to find a separately liner.

If I should decide to bid on the auction and in case I win how do you think the best way is to remove that post war green paint?

?

First off you need really good pictures, close ups of the paint to make sure its a post war addition, you could be taking original camo paint off , thats the last thing you should do, also once you start to take paint off you WILL affect the underlying coat in some way so its more than important to confirm either way

Quote by davejb View Post
    First off you need really good pictures, close ups of the paint to make sure its a post war addition, you could be taking original camo paint off , thats the last thing you should do, also once you start to take paint off you WILL affect the underlying coat in some way so its more than important to confirm either way
    More pics of the M40 would definitely be a plus, markings in the shell etc. I noticed the same greenish camo on the other non German helmet in the pic so I think they are both post war.

?

The other helmet looks like a Dutch Model 27 or Romanian Model 35. So the paint MIGHT be WWII vintage on both.

Nitram

Just buy a complete untouched helmet , problem solved.