Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

good liner?

Article about: Found this m1935 locally; the guy knows very little about these helmets, and he got it from the vet who brought it back (I verfied this with the vet himself). Apparantly he did not like the

Default good liner?

Found this m1935 locally; the guy knows very little about these helmets, and he got it from the vet who brought it back (I verfied this with the vet himself). Apparantly he did not like the "worn" look of the helmet, and repainted it over the old finish and decals 10 years ago. Obviously I'll strip this helmet if I buy it, but I wanted opinions on the liner and chinstrap please.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture good liner?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement good liner?
    P
    Many

Default Re: good liner?

I'd say go for it but im no expert on this area, its looks original to me

Can't tell from those pictures, but the colour looks like the Norwegian re-issue. It may be the light of the flash. But would need to see better pictures

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Can't tell from those pictures, but the colour looks like the Norwegian re-issue. It may be the light of the flash. But would need to see better pictures
    I agree with John.

The chinstrap also looks like newer Norwegian type leather.

Regards, Steve..

Closer pics would certainly help! I've seen some good liners look like this after being treated to protect the leather. Most of the Norwegian re-issued helmets I've seen have a black liner string...this one doesn't have that - so that helps...but more, closeup pics are certainly needed!
    Good luck!
    Rob

Dezades
    ?

As John says - it looks like a norwegian reissue liner. It would be nice with a picture of splits holding the liner. If they are brass, and theres not many of them it is a norwegian re-issue liner. I don't know about other signs on it im no expert

Exactly what I was thinking; the rivets will be key on this one; my gut tells me that it is bad, but will find out soon!