Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Graffitied DAK m40

Article about: Hey guys, I've been monitoring gumtree and something interesting came up. \\$400 DAK SD m40, too good to be true right? Well yes, it has what appears to be a house paint backyard sports conver

?

Default Graffitied DAK m40

Hey guys, I've been monitoring some sites and something interesting came up. $400 DAK SD m40, too good to be true right? Well yes, it has what appears to be a house paint backyard sports conversion job, and on top of that a heavy handed scrubbing attempt. The chin strap looks a bit off to me too, but I'm no expert.

I mostly just want to know what you guys think of the camo and decal from what you can see (if I decide to make an offer I'll be asking for a decal close up beforehand) I only really want it for display so the one OK side is good enough for me.

Graffitied DAK m40Graffitied DAK m40Graffitied DAK m40Graffitied DAK m40Graffitied DAK m40Graffitied DAK m40

What do you think guys, poor abused DAK in need of a good home or abused fake and RUN AWAY?
    Last edited by red89; 12-02-2014 at 06:49 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Graffitied DAK m40
    P
    Many

I'm not trusting of very many camo helmets so I would pass.

Hard to tell from the photos but base helmet looks OK ( chinstrap may be too but just not from THIS helmet )
    Really need some good close-ups of the edge wear and the decal to make a call.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Thanks Dan, I just asked for close ups, might as well see if its honest. Will post if he comes through.

?

Graffitied DAK m40Graffitied DAK m40Graffitied DAK m40Graffitied DAK m40Graffitied DAK m40

Just got some more pics, thoughts?

?

Looks to me that the helmet was painted black as post war re issue, this seems to have been rubbed back to reveal an original decal, then painted tan to give the appearance of a DAK helmet.

Looks the same to me a black painted helmet painted post war with new tan paint on it ,i would leave it

I agree with the above but I think they used thinners or acetone as the decal looks dissolved.
    Half the asking price is all I'd want to pay.

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Nope, not for me!...

?

Wholeheartedly agree with the postwar black painted/cleaned/tarted up to DAK train of thought.
    Let the seller down gently…Lol

Brad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast