MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Grey M40 Double Decal Beaded Combat Luftschutz Polizei Helmet

Article about: This is one I have had for about 20 years, a double decal beaded Combat Luftschutz Polizei helmet, which, according to the excerpt from the Baer treatise that I have included in the thread,

Default Grey M40 Double Decal Beaded Combat Luftschutz Polizei Helmet

This is one I have had for about 20 years, a double decal beaded Combat Luftschutz Polizei helmet, which, according to the excerpt from the Baer treatise that I have included in the thread, was reissued in the current smooth medium grey paint in late 1944. It is an EF62, lot number 31366 and was originally issued in the expected dark blue Luftschutz color with a bordered Police Adler decal. When it was last reissued it had been refit with an ersatz clothe liner with a strange drawstring, a leather roller buckle chinstrap and an unbordered Police Adler decal. (It appears that the piece had been redecaled at least twice during its service.) From the condition of the liner it does not appear to have seen much use after it was last refurbished, but unfortunately the reissue paint shows some rust bleed through due to poor application. Nothing exotic, just a bit out of the ordinary. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grey M40 Double Decal Beaded Combat Luftschutz Polizei Helmet   Grey M40 Double Decal Beaded Combat Luftschutz Polizei Helmet  

Grey M40 Double Decal Beaded Combat Luftschutz Polizei Helmet   Grey M40 Double Decal Beaded Combat Luftschutz Polizei Helmet  

Grey M40 Double Decal Beaded Combat Luftschutz Polizei Helmet   Grey M40 Double Decal Beaded Combat Luftschutz Polizei Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grey M40 Double Decal Beaded Combat Luftschutz Polizei Helmet
    P
    Many

Another great helmet, Jim. I like the color. Is that the underlying color showing through the paint on the left rear?

Hi Jim , you may not feel this one is "exotic" but it screams quality "been there ,done that" honesty to me. A nice helmet that is most likely under appreciated by some! Leon.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Another great helmet, Jim. I like the color. Is that the underlying color showing through the paint on the left rear?
    Hi Todd, Glad you like it. Yes, the dark area is the original paint peeking through the poorly applied grey reissue paint. It seems that quality control began to slip near the end of the conflict. Cheers, Jim G.

not one you see everyday.
    nice helmet
    chris

?

difficult to find