Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gun show haul 2

Article about: I agree, I was being conservative with my opinion, without meaning to be over critical, there is every chance its a repro liner, hence the rough and clean looking edges

Default Gun show haul 2

Well went to another gunshow today. I picked up this nice luftwaffe m35 dd helmet with original liner and chinstrap. I got the helmet for 500 plus a couple trades of stuff I didn't want. Then the unthinkable happened I went to another dealers booth and got a nice DAF book for 20 dollars then the dealer just started giving me all this stuff!!!! For free he gave me a german WWII newspaper, 2 death cards, and this citizen card. So it was a nice haul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gun show haul 2   Gun show haul 2  

Gun show haul 2   Gun show haul 2  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gun show haul 2
    P
    Many

Here are the death cards, and the helmet possibly has a camo paint job
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gun show haul 2   Gun show haul 2  

the paint of the helmet seems seriously abused as if a coating was removed. Can you post decal close-ups ?
    The leather looks strange as you'd expect a seam running up the rear liner tongue.

Here's how the exterior paint should look on an NS LW.

Hi , I must admit my first thoughts on the helmet are that it has been "stripped back" and the liner re-placed. That said it could just be the lighting in the images. The liner is the correct "square bale" type for an M35 , it is just that the condition looks much better than the shell.The inside of the shell shows rusting but the leather is spotless? A few more images would be nice to confirm one way or the other especially of the liner pins. Leon.

The helmet came from a very good dealer. He's one of the only dealers I deal with because I know what I'm getting is original.

Guys, I deleted my post 2 times I did not want think badly about the helmet. I like it but have concerns about a few things. First the liner band and string look very clean compared to the helmet and the rust in the inside top. The decals are not in the same condition as the shell or even close. Close up pictures of the decals are needed. The liner looks real but I just can't put a finger on it for what concerns me about it. And the helmet looks to have been cleaned or something. I HOPE I AM WRONG. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

The decals are good NS decals.

The decals are fine , that is not an issue , it is only that in my opinion(and it is just an opinion!) the helmet shows the "watery/washed out" look that I would expect from a stripped back to original. Leon.

?

I must admit I'm not a fan of the liner being original to the helmet, the edges of the tongues look very clean and some uneven cuts,I would expect to see a toned liner that matches the interior condition

M38
    ?

Quote by davejb View Post
    I must admit I'm not a fan of the liner being original to the helmet, the edges of the tongues look very clean and some uneven cuts,I would expect to see a toned liner that matches the interior condition
    I don't think the leather is even original WWII manufacture.....looks like a hand cut repro leather to me. Not sure what is going on with the outside of the helmet either but it has been fooled with somehow.

Cheers,
    Terry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast