Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Halbe battle/helmet

Article about: As you will know they are still finding bodies in germany even today from the ww2 era .there was a docu following modern german soldiers in the halbe area witnessed by a guy who wrote a book

Default Halbe battle/helmet

As you will know they are still finding bodies in germany even today from the ww2 era .there was a docu following modern german soldiers in the halbe area witnessed by a guy who wrote a book on the battle for berlin.they came across a skull and remains and the helmet of the sodlier also his dog tag..to be honest i was itching to get that helmet.it turned out he appeared to be an ordinary guys who had a lovely family and was conscripted into the war.they interviewed his daughter who was very emotional at her fathers remains being found all those years later.it brings home to me the real human stories and tradgedys of war.on another level it makes the helmets i have all the more relavant and interesting.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Halbe battle/helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Halbe battle/helmet

I saw the same programme. The author in question was Antony Beevor:

Antony Beevor | Home

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Halbe battle/helmet

Yes ade i met him and got a signed copy of the final reckoning battle for berlin.i also attended a lecture he gave on the battle.