Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hamburg Flea markets

Article about: Hello, I'm going to be in Hamburg next weekend and I wondered if anybody knew of any flea markets worth a visit while I'm there.......I'm more so interested in helmets rather than decoration

?

Default Hamburg Flea markets

Hello,

I'm going to be in Hamburg next weekend and I wondered if anybody knew of any flea markets worth a visit while I'm there.......I'm more so interested in helmets rather than decorations etc?

Any help would greatly be appreciated :-)

Thanks

Carl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hamburg Flea markets
    P
    Many

Be warned and expect fake items . Flea markets are risky and often aimed at tourist .

The flea markets in Germany are never at the same place and are up in running on Sunday.
    You need to look at the sunday paper to know where they are going to be.
    chris

I am led to believe by my relatives who live in Hannover that you cant buy or have on display anything from the 3rd Reich??

You will find stuff… I have at every flea market I have been to in Europe in the major cities… the only suggestion is buyer beware, and if you find that unique piece and you know it is good, depending on how it is adorned with insignia… be discreet and put it in your backpack if you make a good find. Items are there, but so is the political issues with WW2 material. I have come across helmets, insignia, the small propaganda books etc, and they are around, maybe not exactly shown unless you ask, but it will be there… if you have an interest in the Cold War… take a look at this; U-Boot Museum Hamburg - Hamburg - Reviews of U-Boot Museum Hamburg - TripAdvisor

Quote by calib View Post
    Hello,

I'm going to be in Hamburg next weekend and I wondered if anybody knew of any flea markets worth a visit while I'm there.......I'm more so interested in helmets rather than decorations etc?

Any help would greatly be appreciated :-)

Thanks

Carl
    Hamburg is beautiful city, been there several times. The flea markets are on sundays and mostly during the summer. No fantastic flea markets exist there during this time of season. Visit helmut weitze in rathaus markt and zib militaria in the outskirts of the city.

?

Thanks Guys, I appreciate the quick responses!

Best regards

Carl

Beware of innocent old ladies who are selling "things from her late husband or grandfather" and do not know "anything about them"... As Always...Buy the Item-Not the Story.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."