Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Hamburg helmet find is it fake?

Article about: Hello new member, any info on this helmet found in Germany. I fear it is a fake.

Default Hamburg helmet find is it fake?

Hello new member, any info on this helmet found in Germany. I fear it is a fake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hamburg helmet find is it fake?   Hamburg helmet find is it fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hamburg helmet find is it fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hamburg helmet find is it fake?

It is a real Civic M34 square dip police/fire helmet, with the tabs for the leather neck guard and the less common "y" straps and screen vents . It looks as if the decals were scraped off, and unfortunately there is much surface rust due to 60+ years of poor storage, but it is not a fake. Jim G.

Thankyou for info, it certainly has a genuine feel about it but the vent design i could not find any pictures of one like that. Have you any idea of value? I am not sure if i paid too much, not that it matters as it is for my brother who has collection.

?

i fear the acid dip could bring this back to nears its former glory? nice find indeed. pity the decals were removed.regards george w