Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

have a chance to buy these helmets

Article about: John i'm special can you get me one too !! Just come back from the east with a fantastic white camo , i know you like them !!

?

Talking have a chance to buy these helmets

have a chance to buy these helmets

what do u guys think?? are they real?? hew wants $300 FOR THE LOT AND MY BIRTHDAY is coming up?? or can confirm if they are ww2 german helms.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement have a chance to buy these helmets
    P
    Many

Default Re: have a chance to buy these helmets

For sure real but FOR SURE not worth 300 dollars. Maximum like 100. The problem with these is they have really no collectors value compared to non ground dug helmets. Because they will only get worse in condition from the extreme rust and eventually decay to nothing within the decade unless sprayed with multiple coats of clear coat etc. to slow down the aging process. They are nice to look at and have a lot of history but have no increasing value or worth over time.

With 300 dollars that's at least halfway to buying a decent helmet with a liner and chinstrap

?

All appear to be authentic shells. I can't comment on the decal, but I would assume it's authentic. At $300, because of the decal on the one helmet, this price is about right.

Personally, I would hold onto the $300 and save up another $100 or so and pick up half decent single decal Luft (Military War Relics, Antiques and Collectibles, RJW Militaria has a few available in this price range).

This your choice of course and it all boils down to if you prefer quantity over quality. Regardless, good luck in making your choice!

?

I agree partially with you Nathan, however based on :cringe: eBay, relic lids are going for $50-$75 a pop. With decal a bit higher. These also have the original liner bands which can fetch up to $50a piece. Amazing how ridiculous these prices are for rusted metal, but to each his own!

?

so is this price a good one or should i low ball at $100???

?

$300 would be top dollar, again, based on eBay values. Even at $200 you're not getting a ridiculous deal. If you had to buy them, and at a bargain, my opinion is $100 is about right. I wouldn't go over $150. But as evident by Nathan's comments, some on here would pay you to take them off their hands....

But again, I would highly suggest saving up for an example that is complete. Hell, shop around some and you may be able to find something for $300. These relics are a dime a dozen and they'll always be available.

I've only been collecting for about three years, however wish I could go back and stop myself from purchasing some of the items I purchased that first year. One of which was a Norwegian reissue M35 that I paid way too much for. Had I waited and saved up for a few months, I would have purchased something I was much more happier with now. But I had to have something, and settled for that because it was in my price range at the time.

Now, I either try to save and purchase quality items, or if it's not quality, I make sure I only pay a fraction of the value.

Quote by yuengling325 View Post
    $300 would be top dollar, again, based on eBay values. Even at $200 you're not getting a ridiculous deal. If you had to buy them, and at a bargain, my opinion is $100 is about right. I wouldn't go over $150. But as evident by Nathan's comments, some on here would pay you to take them off their hands....

But again, I would highly suggest saving up for an example that is complete. Hell, shop around some and you may be able to find something for $300. These relics are a dime a dozen and they'll always be available.

I've only been collecting for about three years, however wish I could go back and stop myself from purchasing some of the items I purchased that first year. One of which was a Norwegian reissue M35 that I paid way too much for. Had I waited and saved up for a few months, I would have purchased something I was much more happier with now. But I had to have something, and settled for that because it was in my price range at the time.

Now, I either try to save and purchase quality items, or if it's not quality, I make sure I only pay a fraction of the value.
    take this brothers advice& the others also, I paid a bit for a SS helmet, then like an idiot got it totally restored, yeah it looks new now, well it's starting to rust a little, but I wish I would have let it be & bought one of John's helmets, like he would sell one.

Buy a nice helmet for 800$ and you won't regret it.

Quote by Nathan5kdp View Post
    With 300 dollars that's at least halfway to buying a decent helmet with a liner and chinstrap
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but $300 would not be halfway to buying a decent lid. The prices have risen steeply this year, and it's all about supply and demand. Try nearer $1000, and even that won't be a minter.
    I've just paid a fortune for a ND helmet, BUT. It is special, and it's NEVER been touched

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast