Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Have no idea if this is a good deal or not?

Article about: Hey guys..i don't even know if this is original or not and whether 0 US is a good price with the big crack through the back..any help would be fantastic! Annoyed from this ads?  

?

Default Have no idea if this is a good deal or not?

Hey guys..i don't even know if this is original or not and whether $420 US is a good price with the big crack through the back..any help would be fantastic!

Have no idea if this is a good deal or not?Have no idea if this is a good deal or not?Have no idea if this is a good deal or not?Have no idea if this is a good deal or not?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Have no idea if this is a good deal or not?
    P
    Many

Personally, I would advise you save your money. Close ups are needed of the decals. I suspect the liner may have been replaced.

MAP
    ?

Agree with Todd. Are you looking for a decent helmet or specifically a DD luft M35? For that money, or maybe a bit more you can find a nice ND or SD helmet.

Not promoting any dealer site as an example Ken N has a nice (used and slightly abused) M35 reissue with the remains of a single decal. Item #481

Helmetssale

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks guys..the bloke selling this has said he'd consider offers...what would be a good deal?

MAP
    ?

Everyone is different but it's not for me so I wouldn't spend anything. Plus if Todd is right, this has a replaced liner.

I like used and slightly abused lids on occasion but only if they are a fundamentally sound helmet.

Its really up to you if you want to spend the money. I see no resale value but if you want a wall hanger and like the look then I would expect to cut the price in half. But that is just me. Look at the site I gave you. A quality dealer. He has a nice clean luft without a liner for $250.

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, I agree with the guys above, personally I would leave this one alone. The liner probably was original to this helmet but was taken out so that the huge split in the shell could be pushed back out in line, and then the liner was placed back in. The decals may be ok but the Adler has certainly been heavily scrubbed/cleaned. Leon.

Nope not worth the money, you'll get something far better for that price!..

?

Thanks guys ill leave it alone!

wise choice.

?

It could just be my ageing eyes, but it looks to me like it may have had a postwar coat of black paint removed.
    For me that might explain the worn/washed out look of the LW eagle, and the reason the liner might have been removed.
    That is, if it is even original to the shell.
    As the lads are saying, and you have agreed, I'd give this one a miss.

Brad.