MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Heer Channel Islands Camo Helmet! - thoughts!?

Article about: another helmet that I need some help with, real or post war paint?

Default Re: Heer Channel Islands Camo Helmet! - thoughts!?

Sorry, the only photos I have of this helmet at this time are the ones shown at the beginning of this thread. Unfortunately moving house albeit 4 years ago my helmets have remained packed away in safe storage and so bigger and better pics at this time and the forseeable future are not possible.... I really would love to see whats hidden away but it just is not possible at this time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Channel Islands Camo Helmet! - thoughts!?
    P
    Many

jersey 34,you are oh so right,there are no experts only knowledgable people.

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Sorry, the only photos I have of this helmet at this time are the ones shown at the beginning of this thread. Unfortunately moving house albeit 4 years ago my helmets have remained packed away in safe storage and so bigger and better pics at this time and the forseeable future are not possible.... I really would love to see whats hidden away but it just is not possible at this time.
    Too bad , I would be careful with releasing small snapshots of helmets such as camo's as they never tell the full story and indeed from the pics presented it could be good or bad.

When first shown here by myself no one had a problem with the size of the picture..... albeit somewhat small. This time when posted it was lifted from elsewhere and posted by another forum user. Its the real deal, a non played with Jersey camo helmet....one of the very fre that remain today here where we had thousands of helmets at the end of the Occupation.

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    When first shown here by myself no one had a problem with the size of the picture..... albeit somewhat small. This time when posted it was lifted from elsewhere and posted by another forum user. Its the real deal, a non played with Jersey camo helmet....one of the very fre that remain today here where we had thousands of helmets at the end of the Occupation.
    dont mean to change the subject but when i was at high school a boy in our class brought a camo german helmet in and a k98 bayonet his dad got them when he was a boy growing up over there in jersey island i wanted it so bad but he did not want to part with it. he said that his dad said there was tunnels over there that had a lot of stuff in them but where blocked up after the war is this true.

Here is a link to wiki ref the tunnels mate- Hohlgangsanlage tunnels, Jersey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. There is still stuff laying about in people collections, and a farmers shed behind the war tunnels has a load of stuff not used in the museum-AA guns,vehicles etc. An interesting side note,after a large furze fire 5 or so years ago most of the vegitation had been burnt away on a large headland the remains of quite a few hundred S-mine 35 pressure pins were found alond with tellermine cases minus explosive after the allies had cleared the vast mine fields.
    Its a great place to live if your interested in WW2 history....

That farmers shed... has long since been emptied. And 95% of it has been bought by me and a mate in the last year or so.

Cheers Jersey 34 i didnt know that..............or maybe we have our "sheds" mixed up and there is another little treasure trove.......i know what im gonna be doing this weekend........

Quote by Maschinenpistole 40 View Post
    Cheers Jersey 34 i didnt know that..............or maybe we have our "sheds" mixed up and there is another little treasure trove.......i know what im gonna be doing this weekend........
    wow sounds like there could be a lot that might still be there thats not been found yet. i watched time team on tv when they done a dig over there. good episode.

Maschinenpistole 40, if from your previous post your referring to the farmers shed above the War Tunnels where they stored the unused collection (all from St.Peters Bunker) Then yes thats all been removed and most has been sold on. Mr Liron's shed is now empty. If you know of another shed full of kit, then why are you waiting till the weekend...... if you know of a treasure trove of kit why wait, someone else could beat you to it especially on an Island this small. If I were you I would be knocking at the door right now.

Geelong, yes of coarse there's loads to find still, but no where near the amount that there used to be. These days its a turn up to find a good German helmet, a lot of people have moved on since the end of the occupation. Houses have been redeveloped and loads of kit has been dumped or gathered up by collectors. Its certainly nothing like it was unfortunately. As for time team, the programme was scripted....how can you script a dig...impossible. The programme was a fake from start to finish. I was there and saw how they went about it... a total sham. They knew it all, and yet they knew nothing. I can no longer watch any of the time team programmes as they must all be made along the same lines. A total waste of time!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast